Subject: Query, requirements for work in the road area in Estonia
From: "Tuominen Jonne \(ELY\)" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 5 Mar 2024 15:37:55 +0200

Hello,

I work in Tampere, Finland for the Pirkanmaa Center for Economic
Development, Transport and the Environment (ELY-centre), which issues
permits for work carried in the road area on Finnish state owned roads.
Permits are issued for example for installing electric cables and water
pipes or for advertising a roadside business.

About this subject on this on ELY-centres website (English, under
Transport permits and licences):
https://www.ely-keskus.fi/en/web/ely-en/transport. There is more
information available on the Finnish language version of the website, if
that is something you can use: https://www.ely-keskus.fi/fi/luvat1.

I am also currently in the process of writing my Masters thesis for my
Masters degree in engineering in Häme University of Applied Sciences. The
subject of my thesis is to search for methods for making sure that similar
permit conditions are being used to permits with similar conditions, and
to implement more of the road users point of view in to the permit
handling process.

For my thesis I would also like to understand the processes of other
authorities issuing permits for work being carried out on the road. I have
already gathered information on the processes the City of Jyväskylä in
Finland uses in their permit handling processes, but an international
point of view would also be highly appreciated.

I am contacting Transpordiamet as the National authority in Estonia. I
would kindly ask for your answers on these following questions, but also a
broader explanation on your permit handling process would be of use.

1.	Does Transpordiamet grant permissions only on Estonian state owned
roads?
2.	Can the law basis for granting permits on Estonian road network be
found on the internet? If so, could you please direct me to the
appropriate website.
3.	Does Transpordiamet or some other authority publish guidebooks on
how carry out work in the road area and how to plan temporary traffic
arrangements?
4.	What are the types of work being carried out on the road, that
Transpordiamet issues permits to?
5.	How many permits are issued by Transpordiamet annually?
6.	Do you have a calculation or an estimate on the percentage of
permits, that require temporary traffic arrangements?
7.	How is the road users point of view taken into consideration?

Thank you in advance.

Kind regards,

Jonne Tuominen,

Centralized services for permits in road area,

Center for Economic Development, Transport and the Environment

Tel. (+358) 0295 020 600 (Customer service)

P.O.Box 297, FI-33101 Tampere, Finland

This message is intended exclusively for persons or groups for whom it is
intended. The message may include confidential information. If you have
received the message in error, you do not have the right to use it. In
such a case please inform the sender and delete the message from your
mailbox.