Subject: Master’s Thesis Survey for Industry Experts: The Role and Future of the M1 Cleanliness Classification
From: Anniina Telkkälä <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2025 16:02:11 +0300

Tähelepanu! Tegemist on väljastpoolt asutust saabunud kirjaga. Tundmatu
saatja korral palume linke ja faile mitte avada.

Hi,
I would kindly ask you to forward this message to the ventilation
specialists. If possible, could you also provide their contact information
so that I can reach out to them directly if needed?

I am conducting my master's thesis in Process Engineering at the
University of Oulu, commissioned by Rakennustieto Oy. The topic of my
thesis is: "Integrating Modern Lubricants into the M1 cleanliness
Classification and Assessing Market Potential in Northern Europe."
The M1 Cleanliness Classification is a Finnish system designed to promote
the development and use of clean and odorless ventilation products,
thereby supporting good indoor air quality in buildings. The
classification is owned by the Building Information Foundation RTS sr, and
its implementation is managed by Rakennustieto Oy.
The classification primarily applies to ventilation ducts and their parts
as well as closing, adjusting and fire dampers, silencers, air filters and
ventilation terminals. The M1 Cleanliness Classification was created to
promote the development and use of clean and odorless ventilation
products, and they are easy to clean. These are all important factors in
maintaining a healthy indoor environment.
The purpose of this survey is to gather expert insights into the current
significance of the M1 Cleanliness Classification and its future
development. Additionally, the aim is to assess the role and potential of
the M1 Cleanliness Classification in the Northern European market.

You can respond to the survey via the following link:
https://link.webropolsurveys.com/S/084472C2C7933C92

Kindly submit your responses by August 15, 2025.
Thank you in advance for your time and valuable contribution to this
research.

If you have any questions or would like to discuss the topic further, feel
free to contact me.

Best regards,
Anniina Telkkälä
Degree Programme in Process Engineering, University of Oulu
[email-masked]