Subject: For action: ECDC-MS Epidemic Intelligence Network biweekly meetings on public health events
From: "Epidemic Intelligence" <[email-masked]>
Cc: "Vicky Lefevre" <[email-masked]>, "Bruno Ciancio" <[email-masked]>, "Gianfranco Spiteri" <[email-masked]>, "Xanthi Andrianou" <[email-masked]>, "Laura Espinosa" <[email-masked]>, "Leonidas Alexakis" <[email-masked]>, "Grazina Mirinaviciute" <[email-masked]>, "Jon Bilbatua" <[email-masked]>, "Katja Siling" <[email-masked]>, "Hubert Buczkowski" <[email-masked]>, "Angela Ancona" <[email-masked]>, "Maria Bampa" <Maria.Bampa
Date: Thu, 6 Mar 2025 16:50:31 +0200

Tähelepanu! Tegemist on väljastpoolt asutust saabunud kirjaga. Tundmatu 
saatja korral palume linke ja faile mitte avada.

To: National Focal Points for Threat Detection, EWRS and IHR; Operational 
Contact Points for Epidemic Intelligence

CC: National Coordinators

Dear colleagues,

As you know, during past meetings of the Epidemic Intelligence Network (NFPs 
for the treat detection and the OCPs for Epidemic Intelligence), we 
discussed the possibility of having regular online meetings to share 
intelligence on ongoing communicable disease events. We have now prepared 
draft terms of reference for these meetings (see attached).  We would like 
to present the final terms of reference at the meeting of the National Focal 
Points for Threat Detection and the National Focal Points for Preparedness 
and Response which is planned for the first week of April. We aim to hold 
the first meeting discussing ongoing events in the following week (starting 
7 April).

The aim of these meetings is to discuss public health events, exchange on 
contexts, assessments and response, as is often happening between national 
and subnational levels in many Member States.

We would like to ask for your input on the terms of reference and on the 
most appropriate day and time of the day these meetings should take place.

The poll below includes our proposals and we have tried to consider all time 
zones we have in EU/EEA countries to make it most feasible.

Kindly provide us your feedback and respond to the poll by 20 March 2025.

After that date, we will share the final terms and the invitation for the 
calls.

We look forward to hearing your feedback and starting with the meetings!

Kind regards,

Gianfranco Spiteri

On behalf of the ECDC Epidemic Intelligence Group

Date and time preferences for the ECDC Epidemic Intelligence Network meeting

During the pilot phase, meetings will be scheduled every two weeks for one 
hour. The proposed days are Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday. This schedule 
allows us (ECDC and MS) to have sufficient time to consider public health 
events detected over the weekend and to follow-up within the week (by 
Friday). Please select all timeslots (the indicated times are for the start 
of the meeting) that work best for you and your team.

Poll: 
<https://forms.office.com/Pages/ResponsePage.aspx?id=AjfXapxARkCuWcxL6jNFB2xgst7eDyBNtsIMUT10MuFUQTJFSzZUTllVWjg4SEk1UUlCMlVCRUpCWi4u&loop=1> 
Days and timeslots (indicating the starting time of the meeting)

Confidentiality Notice
If you are not the intended recipient of this message, you are hereby kindly 
requested, to, consecutively, refrain from disclosing its content to any 
third party, delete it and inform its sender of the erroneous transmittal.

Classified as ECDC NORMAL