Subject: Fw: [gisrs] Recommended composition of influenza virus vaccines for use in the 2025-2026 northern hemisphere influenza season - update
From: "EURO Influenza" <[email-masked]>
To: "EURO Influenza" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2025 16:59:06 +0200

Далее следует текст на русском языке / This message follows in Russian

Dear colleagues,

In February 2025 the World Health Organization has convened the technical
consultation on the viral composition of influenza vaccines for the
2025-2026 influenza season in the northern hemisphere. These consultations
are organized by WHO twice a year, in February and September, with an
advisory group of experts from WHO Collaborating Centres, H5 Reference
Laboratories and Essential Regulatory Laboratories to review available
characterization data of circulating influenza viruses generated by the
WHO Global Influenza Surveillance and Response System (GISRS) and make
recommendations on the viruses to be included in the tri- and quadrivalent
vaccines for the use during the next influenza season in Northern and
Southern hemispheres, respectively.

As an outcome of this consultation the WHO has announced the Recommended
composition of influenza virus vaccines for use in the 2025-2026 northern
hemisphere influenza season

(
<https://www.who.int/publications/m/item/recommended-composition-of-influe
nza-virus-vaccines-for-use-in-the-2025-2026-nh-influenza-season>
https://www.who.int/publications/m/item/recommended-composition-of-influen
za-virus-vaccines-for-use-in-the-2025-2026-nh-influenza-season). Please
see below links to this and other resources published on the WHO webpage
and shared by the WHO Global Influenza Programme.

We would like to thank you all for your great contributions and
collaboration!

Best regards,

The WHO/EURO Influenza and Respiratory Viruses team

 Далее следует текст на русском языке / This message follows in Russian

Уважаемые коллеги,

В феврале 2025 года Всемирная организация здравоохранения созвала
техническую консультацию по штаммовому составу вакцин против сезонного
гриппа на эпидемический сезон 2025-2026 гг. в северном полушарии. Эти
консультации организуются ВОЗ два раза в год, в феврале и сентябре, с
участием консультативной группы экспертов из сотрудничающих центров ВОЗ,
референс лабораторий по гриппу H5 и головных контрольных лабораторий для
рассмотрения имеющихся данных о характеристиках циркулирующих вирусов
гриппа, полученных Глобальной системой ВОЗ по эпиднадзору за гриппом и
принятию ответных мер (ГСЭГО) и предоставления рекомендации по вирусам,
которые должны быть включены в трех- и четырехвалентные вакцины для
использования в следующем сезоне гриппа в Северном и Южном полушариях
соответственно.

По итогам этой консультации ВОЗ объявила рекомендации по вирусному составу
вакцин против гриппа на сезон гриппа 2025-2026 гг. в северном полушарии

 (
<https://www.who.int/publications/m/item/recommended-composition-of-influe
nza-virus-vaccines-for-use-in-the-2025-2026-nh-influenza-season>
https://www.who.int/publications/m/item/recommended-composition-of-influen
za-virus-vaccines-for-use-in-the-2025-2026-nh-influenza-season на
английском языке). Ниже приведены ссылки на этот и другие ресурсы,
опубликованные на веб-странице ВОЗ и предоставленные Глобальной программой
ВОЗ по гриппу.

Мы хотели бы поблагодарить всех вас за ваш вклад и сотрудничество!

С уважением,

Команда ЕРБ ВОЗ по гриппу и респираторным вирусам

From: GISRS Information Centre <[email-masked]>
Sent: Tuesday, March 4, 2025 9:04 PM
To: GISRS Information Centre <[email-masked]>
Subject: [EXT] [gisrs] Recommended composition of influenza virus vaccines
for use in the 2025-2026 northern hemisphere influenza season - update

Dear GISRS colleagues,

Thank you for your extensive contribution to the GISRS surveillance.

We would like to bring your attention to the Influenza Vaccines
Composition Consultation Meeting (VCM) documents on the WHO website:

Recommended composition of influenza virus vaccines for use in the
2025-2026 northern hemisphere influenza season

(
<https://www.who.int/publications/m/item/recommended-composition-of-influe
nza-virus-vaccines-for-use-in-the-2025-2026-nh-influenza-season>
https://www.who.int/publications/m/item/recommended-composition-of-influen
za-virus-vaccines-for-use-in-the-2025-2026-nh-influenza-season)

Antigenic and genetic characteristics of zoonotic influenza A viruses and
development of candidate vaccine viruses for pandemic preparedness in the
2025 - 2026 northern hemisphere influenza season

(
<https://cdn.who.int/media/docs/default-source/influenza/who-influenza-rec
ommendations/vcm-northern-hemisphere-recommendation-2025-2026/202502_zoono
tic_vaccinvirusupdate.pdf?sfvrsn=b7ee9689_5>
https://cdn.who.int/media/docs/default-source/influenza/who-influenza-reco
mmendations/vcm-northern-hemisphere-recommendation-2025-2026/202502_zoonot
ic_vaccinvirusupdate.pdf?sfvrsn=b7ee9689_5)

Frequently Asked Questions - Recommended composition of influenza virus
vaccines

<https://cdn.who.int/media/docs/default-source/influenza/who-influenza-rec
ommendations/vcm-northern-hemisphere-recommendation-2025-2026/202502_frequ
ently-asked-questions.pdf?sfvrsn=8011210d_5>
https://cdn.who.int/media/docs/default-source/influenza/who-influenza-reco
mmendations/vcm-northern-hemisphere-recommendation-2025-2026/202502_freque
ntly-asked-questions.pdf?sfvrsn=8011210d_5)

Seasonal influenza candidate vaccine viruses and potency testing reagents
for development and production of vaccines

(
<https://www.who.int/teams/global-influenza-programme/vaccines/who-recomme
ndations/candidate-vaccine-viruses>
https://www.who.int/teams/global-influenza-programme/vaccines/who-recommen
dations/candidate-vaccine-viruses)

Zoonotic influenza candidate vaccine viruses and potency testing reagents
for development and production of vaccines:

(
<https://www.who.int/teams/global-influenza-programme/vaccines/who-recomme
ndations/zoonotic-influenza-viruses-and-candidate-vaccine-viruses>
https://www.who.int/teams/global-influenza-programme/vaccines/who-recommen
dations/zoonotic-influenza-viruses-and-candidate-vaccine-viruses)

Those of you who could not join the VCM information meeting live, could
access the recording on the WHO YouTube channel:

VCM Information meeting:  <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kGTmLmiBL-Y>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kGTmLmiBL-Y

VCM Press conference:  <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OCqbYb4NxOo>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OCqbYb4NxOo

Thank you all for your great contribution and collaboration.

Best regards,

On behalf of the WHO Global Influenza Programme