Subject: To NFPs and OCPs for action: Invitation to participate in interview and survey – Public health laboratory preparedness for respiratory infections (ECDC)
From: "ECDC respiratory viruses" <[email-masked]>
Cc: "ECDC Info" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Nov 2024 18:38:05 +0200

Tähelepanu! Tegemist on väljastpoolt asutust saabunud kirjaga. Tundmatu
saatja korral palume linke ja faile mitte avada. 	
  
To:        National Focal Points for Viral Respiratory Diseases, National
Focal Points for Microbiology, Operational Contact Points for COVID-19 and
influenza (Microbiology) 
Cc:        National Coordinators 
 
Dear National Focal Points for Viral Respiratory Diseases,
Dear Operational Contact Points for Influenza and COVID-19
(Microbiology),
Dear National Microbiology Focal Points,
 
We are reaching out regarding a study that RAND Europe is conducting on
the preparedness of public health laboratories for respiratory infectious
diseases, commissioned and funded by ECDC. 
As part of the study, RAND Europe will gather information through a
survey and virtual interviews from each EU/EEA Member State. Participants
will discuss challenges faced by public health laboratories during the
COVID-19 pandemic, solutions implemented, their impacts, and strategies to
sustain advances and improve future preparedness.
 
Interviews:
National Focal Points for Respiratory Viral diseases are invited to
participate in the interview for the study. The interview will take
approximately one hour. Only one person will be interviewed per country,
so we kindly request that you discuss the topic with colleagues as needed
in order to be able to provide a consolidated set of answers for your
country. If you are unable to participate, we kindly ask that you nominate
a suitable colleague with knowledge of public health laboratories at a
national level in your country, which may include the OCP for
microbiology, Covid-19 or influenza. 
If you are willing to take part in this interview, please respond
directly to the RAND Europe team (people in cc) at your earliest
convenience with two dates and times that would suit you best between now
and 25 November. RAND Europe will get in touch to schedule an interview to
be conducted before the 25th of November latest.
 
Survey:
National Focal Point for Respiratory Viral diseases, National
Microbiology Focal Point, OCP Microbiology for COVID-19 and/or influenza
are invited to participate in the survey. The survey should take
approximately 20 minutes to complete. We would appreciate if only one
person for each role was to answer to the survey, so we kindly request
that you discuss the topic with colleagues as needed in order to be able
to provide a comprehensive set of answers for your country, and to
indicate your role in relation to ECDC at the beginning of the survey.
Please access the survey via this link:
https://www.smartsurvey.co.uk/s/PHLpreparedness/
We kindly ask you to complete the survey by the 25th of November.
 
If you have any questions about the survey, interview or the study,
please contact the RAND Europe team (people in cc) directly. Attached, you
can find a participant information sheet and consent forms.  
 
Thank you for considering this request.  
 
Best regards,
 
The ECDC Respiratory Viruses and Legionella team 
 
 	European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control (ECDC) 
Gustav III:s boulevard 40, 169 73 Solna, Sweden	
Phone &#43;46 (0)8 58 60 10 00	
www.ecdc.europa.eu	

Follow ECDC on: 	 <http://www.facebook.com/ECDC.EU>  	
	 <http://twitter.com/ecdc_eu>  	
	 <http://www.linkedin.com/company/ecdc>  	
	 <http://www.youtube.com/user/ECDCchannel>  	

	

 
 
Classified as ECDC NORMAL 

Confidentiality Notice
If you are not the intended recipient of this message, you are hereby
kindly requested, to, consecutively, refrain from disclosing its content
to any third party, delete it and inform its sender of the erroneous
transmittal.

Classified as ECDC NORMAL