Subject: For action - Nomination process for the GenEpi-BioTrain (TB and AMR) is open
From: "ECDC Microbiology" <[email-masked]>
To: "Anastasia.Bilozor" <[email-masked]>, "Hanna Sepp" <[email-masked]>, "TA Info" <[email-masked]>, "Janne Pullat" <[email-masked]>,Jevgenia Epštein <[email-masked]>, "kadri.kermes" <[email-masked]>, "kadri.klaos" <[email-masked]>,Kärt Sõber <[email-masked]>, "Kersti Villand" <[email-masked]>, "Liidia Dotsenko" <[email-masked]>, "Liisa Lilje" <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>, "Piret Viiklepp" <[email-masked]>, "Regina Russanova" <
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2024 19:27:51 +0300

Tähelepanu! Tegemist on väljastpoolt asutust saabunud kirjaga. Tundmatu
saatja korral palume linke ja faile mitte avada. 	
  
TO: 
National Focal Points for Microbiology
National Focal Points for Surveillance, Tuberculosis, AMR, HAIs,
Training; Operational Contact Points for Bioinformatics, Operational
Contact Points (Microbiology and Epidemiology) for Tuberculosis,
Antimicrobial-resistant isolates (AMRISO), Diseases Caused by
Antimicrobial-Resistant Microorganisms (AMR), Healthcare-Associated
Infections: Clostridium difficile Infections (HAI-CDI),
Healthcare-Associated Infections: All (HAI-GEN); Contact Points for
Operations for EURGen-Net, ERLTB-Net members, National Coordinators of
ECDC Coordinating Competent Bodies

Dear colleagues, 
 
Thank you for your interest and active participation in the information
meeting on the Training programme in genomic epidemiology and public
health bioinformatics (“GenEpi-BioTrain”) on Friday, 18 October 2024.
Attached you can find the presentations and meeting minutes. The recording
of the information meeting is available on EVA (GenEpi-BioTrain Common
(europa.eu)).
 
As promised, we would like to send you the official invitation letter to
nominate participants for training blocks one, two and three (attached).
Further information on the content and the target group for each training
block can be found in the presentations attached. 
You can nominate up to two candidates per training block per pathogen
wave. To apply, potential candidates should complete the following survey
by providing their contact details, a brief CV, a statement explaining
their interest in attending the training, and how they anticipate
benefiting from it in their daily work. The survey also includes inquiries
about their current bioinformatics skills. Additionally, the National
Focal Point for Microbiology should provide a short document (Word or PDF)
justifying the selection of this individual for the training and how the
host institute can benefit from their participation. The potential
candidate can attach this document within the survey before submission.
 
Link: GenEpi-BioTrain nomination survey
 
As discussed in the meeting, we suggest that National Focal Points for
Microbiology take the lead in the nomination process and coordinate with
the NFPs for Surveillance and the NFPs of the respective disease groups.
ECDC will then select candidates that best match the criteria to
participate in the training course. Please bear in mind, that as there is
a limited number of participants, nominating individuals does not
guarantee their participation in the training.
Of note: there will be no costs for training participants or countries,
all costs for training, per diem, accommodation and travel arrangements
will be covered. 
 
When selecting nominees, the following should apply: 
*   Nominees must currently be employed in the public health sector in
one of the EU/EEA countries/Western Balkans or Türkiye, and their work
should include tasks to actively apply skills acquired as part of the
training. 
*   Nominees should be selected by the NFPs in an effort to ensure
maximum impact of the training on the public health sector they serve,
taking into consideration:
*   their projected period of implementation of skills at the institute
*   possibilities of cascading training nationally
*   direct use of the acquired skills 
 
The deadline for nominations is the 29 November 2024, EOB.
 
We would also like to encourage you to send us specific topics which you
would like to be addressed during the 1-day (or 1-half-days) virtual
trainings. 
If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to reach out to
us at [email-masked]. 
 
Best regards,
the ECDC Microbiology &amp; GenEpi-BioTrain teams
 
Attachments:
*   Presentations and meeting minutes from the information meeting 18
October 2024 
*   Invitation letter to nominate candidates for the training programme

 
 
 	European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control (ECDC) 
Gustav III:s boulevard 40, 169 73 Solna, Sweden	
Phone &#43;46 (0)8 58 60 10 00	
www.ecdc.europa.eu	

Follow ECDC on: 	 <http://www.facebook.com/ECDC.EU>  	
	 <http://twitter.com/ecdc_eu>  	
	 <http://www.linkedin.com/company/ecdc>  	
	 <http://www.youtube.com/user/ECDCchannel>  	

	

Confidentiality Notice
If you are not the intended recipient of this message, you are hereby
kindly requested, to, consecutively, refrain from disclosing its content
to any third party, delete it and inform its sender of the erroneous
transmittal.

Classified as ECDC NORMAL