Subject: Draft public health guidance to support the assessment and mitigation of the risk of locally acquired Aedes-borne viral diseases in the EU/EEA - Stakeholder consultation
From: "EVD Admin" <[email-masked]>
To: "mateusz.markowicz" <[email-masked]>, "stephan.aberle" <[email-masked]>, "tinne.lernout" <[email-masked]>, "Javiera Rebolledo" <[email-masked]>, "elica.panayotova" <[email-masked]>, "iva_trrifonova" <[email-masked]>, "mikov" <[email-masked]>, "zvjezdana.lovric" <[email-masked]>, "iva.pem-novosel" <[email-masked]>, "aaristodimou" <[email-masked]>, "Valentinos Silvestros" <[email-masked]>, "m.mendris" <[email-masked]>, "mviolaris" <[email-masked]>,Hana O
Cc: "NC_CCB_Austria" <[email-masked]>, "sigrid.kiermayr" <[email-masked]>, "koen.blot" <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>, "Zhivka Getsova" <[email-masked]>, "Iva Christova" <[email-masked]>, "kcapak" <[email-masked]>, "bernard.kaic" <[email-masked]>, "Elisavet Constantinou" <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>,Hana Orlíková <[email-masked]>,Kamilla Grønborg Laut <[email-masked]>, "Stine Ulendorf Jacobsen" <[email-masked]>,Kärt Sõber <[email-masked]>, "Julia Geller" <[email-masked]>, "TA Info" <in
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2024 19:21:57 +0300

Tähelepanu! Tegemist on väljastpoolt asutust saabunud kirjaga. Tundmatu
saatja korral palume linke ja faile mitte avada. 	
  
To: National Focal Points, Emerging and Vector-borne Diseases Network
Cc: National Coordinators
 
Dear National Focal Points,
 
Due to the increasing number of locally acquired dengue cases in the past
years in some southern European countries, and the geographic spread of
invasive Aedes mosquito species in Europe, Aedes-borne viral diseases pose
an increasing public health threat in the EU/EEA. To support the EU/EEA
countries for surveillance, prevention and control of autochthonous cases
of Aedes-borne viral diseases (predominantly dengue and chikungunya virus
disease), ECDC has been working on the development of a public health
guidance to support the assessment and mitigation of the risk of locally
acquired Aedes-borne viral diseases in the EU/EEA. 
As part of the guidance development, ECDC organised an expert workshop
between 16 and 18 April 2024 for consultation and active involvement of
national experts from four EU Member States which have had autochthonous
dengue and/or chikungunya cases in the past twelve years (i.e., France,
Italy, Spain and Portugal (Madeira)), as well as national experts from
three at-risk countries (Greece, Belgium and Germany). The invited
national experts have experience with the problems connected to
autochthonous transmissions of dengue and chikungunya or other
mosquito-borne viral disease outbreaks and the public health actions
applied to control the outbreaks. Additionally, laboratory / virology
experts and medical entomologists were invited to the workshop for
topic-specific contributions.
Based on the inputs collated during and after the meeting a draft
guidance was written, which we would like to share with you for
consultation (i.e. to review, comment and suggest modifications). Some
parts of the guidance are missing yet, which will be finalised in the
coming weeks, but the most relevant parts are ready for consultation.
The document is available at the ECON EVD NET site here:
<https://ecdc365.sharepoint.com/:w:/r/teams/econ_evd/Shared%20Documents/Ge
neral/Draft%20public%20health%20guide%20for%20Aedes-borne%20diseases%20-%2
0Stakeholder%20consultation.docx?d=wd0cbd6443f0843c49f79902b41c72f78&csf=1
&web=1&e=t5v65s>   Draft public health guide for Aedes-borne diseases -
Stakeholder consultation.docx
Please put your comments into this document and use track changes in case
you implement any modifications in the text. Please do not upload
additional versions of the document with comments. Working on the same
document will allow you to see the comments of others (i.e., you do not
have to put the same comment if it was already put by someone else, and
you can further comment others’ comments).
The draft guidance will be discussed at the annual EVD-Net meeting on 12
November (i.e., three weeks from today). It would be great if you could
review and comment the document until the network meeting; however, it
will remain open for comments for an additional week after the meeting.
We plan to publish guidance by the end of 2024.
Should you not have access to the ECON site, please contact us by
answering to this email.
We are looking forward to your valuable comments and suggestions.
 
Best regards,
 
Tamás Bakonyi
on behalf of the EVD team

Confidentiality Notice
If you are not the intended recipient of this message, you are hereby
kindly requested, to, consecutively, refrain from disclosing its content
to any third party, delete it and inform its sender of the erroneous
transmittal.

Classified as ECDC NORMAL