Subject: Asbestos Guide Workshops - reminder
From: "Edward Wright" <[email-masked]>
To: "TA Info" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2024 18:13:27 +0300

Tähelepanu! Tegemist on väljastpoolt asutust saabunud kirjaga. Tundmatu
saatja korral palume linke ja faile mitte avada. 	
  
Dear Sir or Madam, 
 
This email is a reminder to participate in workshops to develop a Guidance
document for the safe management of asbestos at work, which are taking
place between the 30 October and 4 December 2024. 
 
Thank you very much if you have already requested a Teams invitation to a
workshop(s).  If you know anyone else who might like to attend, please
forward this email to them. 
 
A consortium led by RPA is developing the guide, under contract to the
European Commission's Directorate-General for Employment, Social Affairs
and Inclusion (DG EMPL).  The aim of the document is to provide practical
advice on preventing and reducing occupational exposure to asbestos for
employers, workers, occupational health and safety (OSH) services and
experts, and others concerned with advice on the safe management of
asbestos at work.
 
As a part of the project, we are organising a series of online workshops
to gather stakeholders’ views on the potential structure and contents of
the guidance document, including the specific practices and measures that
will be recommended in the document. The workshop schedule is below.
 
We would be very happy to welcome you at any of the workshops.  Please
click here to indicate which workshops you would like to attend
(https://ec.europa.eu/eusurvey/runner/Asbestos-Guide-Survey-2024). You
will subsequently receive an invitation with a videoconference link.  If
you have not received a calendar invitation with a videoconference link
within one week of requesting one, please email
[email-masked] to let us know.
 
Workshop	Workshop date	Start-finish 
(All times CET)	WS01 Asbestos in buildings: Identification &amp; detection
Wed 30/10/24	9am-5pm	WS02 Asbestos in buildings: Removal  	Tue
12/11/24	9am-5pm	WS03 Air exposure measurement 	Mon 18/11/24
9m-5pm	WS04 Passive exposure &amp; secondary exposure 	Fri 22/11/24
9am-1pm	WS05 Health surveillance 	Wed 4/12/24	9am-1pm	WS06 Waste
transport and disposal 	Fri 29/11/24	9am-1pm	WS07 Asbestos in ships
&amp; trains 	Tue 19/11/24	9am-1pm	WS08 Emergency services and
firefighting	Tue 3/12/24	9am-1pm	WS09 Asbestos in mining &amp;
quarrying 	Wed 27/11/24	2pm-5.30pm	WS10 Road construction,
rail ballast, hardcore 	Tue 26/11/24	9am-1pm	 
The workshops will be held in English.  However, the study team would be
happy to respond (in English) to questions/comments raised during the
workshops in any of the languages that they can understand (summary
below).
 
Workshop	Languages understood by team members likely to be present
WS01 Asbestos in buildings: Identification &amp; detection 	CZ, DE,
DK, FR, IT, NL, SK	WS02 Asbestos in buildings: Removal  	CZ, DE,
DK, FR, IT, NL, SK  	WS03 Air exposure measurement 	CZ, DE, FR, NL, SK
WS04 Passive exposure &amp; secondary exposure 	CZ, DE, FR, SK
WS05 Health surveillance 	CZ, DE, FR, NL, SK  	WS06 Waste
transport and disposal 	CZ, DE, ES, FR, IT, NL, SK  	WS07 Asbestos in
ships &amp; trains 	FR, NL, PT  	WS08 Emergency services and
firefighting	CZ, DE, FR, PT, SK  	WS09 Asbestos in mining &amp;
quarrying 	CZ, DE, FR, NL, PT, SK  	WS10 Road construction,
rail ballast, hardcore 	CZ, DE, ES, FR, IT, NL, SK	Whilst the study
team will strive to ensure the speakers of the relevant languages are
present at the relevant workshops, unforeseen circumstances (such as staff
illness) may result in the list of languages covered by the study team
changing without further notice.	 
In addition, we will encourage participants to provide written questions
and comments using the chat box in Microsoft Teams.  Machine translation
will be used to relay these comments to the study team.
 
Please be aware that we cannot share recordings of the workshops.
 
At the end of the study, the study team will share your contact details
with the European Commission to enable them to tell people about the new
guidance when it is launched.  We cannot guarantee the confidentiality of
the data when it is no longer held by the study team.  Please email
[email-masked] if you do not want your contact details to be
shared with the European Commission. 
 
Please do not hesitate to get in touch if you would like any further
information about this study.
 
Kind regards,
 
Edward Wright
RPA Ltd
E: [email-masked]
 
and
 
Daniel Vencovsky
RPA Prague
A: Husinecká 903/10, 130 00 Praha 3, Czech Republic
T: &#43;420 703 139 626
E: [email-masked]