Subject: Ed: Follow-up 17th DW Expert Group meeting 11 September 2024 - requested replies and input by 31 October 2024
From: "Leena Albreht" <[email-masked]>
To: "TA Info" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 1 Oct 2024 14:29:10 +0300

Palun registreerida 
 
Saatja: [email-masked]
&lt;[email-masked]&gt; 
Saatmisaeg: esmaspäev, 23. september 2024 18:37
Adressaat: [email-masked]
Teema: Follow-up 17th DW Expert Group meeting 11 September 2024 -
requested replies and input by 31 October 2024
 
Tähelepanu! Tegemist on väljastpoolt asutust saabunud kirjaga. Tundmatu
saatja korral palume linke ja faile mitte avada. 	
  
Dear members and observers of the Drinking Water Expert Group,
Dear colleagues,
 
In follow-up of the Drinking Water Expert Group (DWEG) meeting held on
Wednesday 11 September 2024, please find below an overview of requested
DWEG members’ replies and input by 31 October 2024.
All replies/input can be sent to [email-masked] unless
indicated otherwise.
 
1.  Agenda point 5: Implementation of Article 4(3) of the recast DWD on
water leakage levels
On request of the DWEG members during the DWEG meeting, it was decided to
set up a DWEG subgroup on water leakage levels.
*   Draft Terms of Reference (ToR) regarding the establishment of a DWEG
subgroup on water leakage levels (SG-WLL): see draft ToR enclosed for
endorsement by DWEG members
*   Member States’ nomination of members for the SG-WLL: please send us
formal nominations for SG-WLL members 
*   DG ENV call for a chair (Member State(s)) for the SG-WLL: interested
Member States are invited to send their expression for interest for
chairing the subgroup SG-WLL 
 
2.  Agenda point 7: Implementation Art. 18.1 b): MS data sets on
information regarding RA/RM in catchment areas for abstraction points
Please find enclosed an overview of the data which should be included in
the data set to be set up by the Member States for the first time by 12
July 2027 and to which the COM has to have access by that same date. 
In this overview, ENV took into account the provisions on the data set
requirements set out in the recast DWD and took into account as much as
possible existing data to simplify the data sets.
The collection and data treatment of this information can vary
significantly in the Member States. The Commission envisages to set up a
(simple) template for the Member States to transfer the MS’ data set to
Reportnet3. 
In order to set up the template, the Commission would like to receive
input from DWEG members on the format in which Member States can provide
the information on each of the above points. Based on the input received,
the Commission together with the EEA will, to the extent possible, develop
a general template for the Member States’ data set transfer to Reportnet3.
 
3.  Agenda point 9: Presentation on the state of play of the Working
Group drafting the Guidance document related to the COM acts 2024/368,
2024/370 and 2024/371
In view of the implementation of the COM Delegated Regulation (EU)
2024/370, Member States can designate a notifying authority for notifying
conformity assessment bodies to the Commission. 
The COM announced at the DWEG meeting of 11 September 2024 that DG GROW
has sent a letter to the Member States’ Permanent Representations
requesting to communicate information on the MS’ designated notifying
authority (if any).
However, as discussed at the same DWEG meeting, and in view of the
establishment of a ‘notifying authorities’-group by the Member States (for
which the Commission will provide logistical support), DWEG members can
already send an appropriate Member States’ contact in view of the
establishment of this group. These contact details can be sent to
[email-masked].
 
Following the DWEG meeting’s presentation of DE (Mr Thomas Rapp)
regarding the Guidance document in relation to the COM acts 2024/368,
2024/370 and 2024/371, any ‘technical’ topic which you consider should
require more clarification in the Guidance document, can be sent to
[email-masked]. Any question related to the provisions in the COM acts
itself (e.g. regarding the transitional provisions) can be sent to
[email-masked].
 
4.  Agenda point 13: Recast DWD Article 18.1 c), d) and e): Member States
data sets (exceedances, incidents, derogations) transfer to Reportnet3 -
deadlines and reference periods
DG ENV will send an updated letter to DWEG members and national reporters
to replace the letter sent in April 2024 (COM reference
Ares(2024)3046049).
 
5.  Agenda point 17: Presentation of updated EMEG procedure – Recast DWD
Article 13(4)(a)
At the DWEG meeting, DG ENV was requested to provide a copy of the EMEG
guidance note. The guidance note has been made available on the DWEG
CIRCABC platform.
 
Attached documents (also available on CIRCABC):
1. AP5 - Draft ToR for the establishment of a DWEG subgroup on water
leakage levels (SG-WLL)
2. AP7 - Overview of the Article 18.1 (b) data set information
requirements in relation to catchment areas for abstraction points

Best regards,
 
THE CLEAN WATER SERVICES TEAM
ENV DRINKING WATER 

 
European Commission
DG Environment
Directorate C – Zero Pollution 
Unit C2 – Marine Environment and Clean Water Services
B-1049 Brussels, Belgium
E-mail: [email-masked] 
 
Please visit our homepage on http://ec.europa.eu/environment
Follow us on  <https://www.facebook.com/EUEnvironment>
<https://twitter.com/EU_ENV>    <https://www.youtube.com/EUEnvironment>  
Please consider the environment before printing this e-mail
DISCLAIMER: The information contained in this message and any attachments
are intended solely for the attention and use of the named addressee and
may be confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, you are
reminded that the information remains the property of the sender. You must
not use, disclose, distribute, copy, print or rely on this email. If you
have received this message in error, please contact the sender immediately
and irrevocably delete or destroy this message and any copies.