Subject: FOR ACTION: Extension of the Call for Candidates for the Viral Respiratory Diseases Network Coordination Committee
From: "ECDC respiratory viruses" <[email-masked]>
Cc: "ECDC Info" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Sep 2024 21:08:45 +0300

Tähelepanu! Tegemist on väljastpoolt asutust saabunud kirjaga. Tundmatu
saatja korral palume linke ja faile mitte avada. 	
  
To:         National Focal Points for Viral Respiratory Diseases (and
Alternates); Operational Contact Points for COVID-19, Influenza and SARI 
CC:       National Coordinators 
 
Dear National Focal Points and Operational Contact Points,
 
Further to the earlier call for candidates for the Viral Respiratory
Diseases Network Coordination Committee (DNCC) for the period of
2024-2027, we would like to thank those who already expressed their
interest to join as members of the DNCC, and kindly inform that the call
for candidates is extended until the 3 October. 
 
As we seek to achieve balance in the DNCC with regards to functional
expertise (epidemiologist and microbiologist), gender, and geographical
representation, we would like to encourage specifically colleagues with an
epidemiological background to submit their candidacy to become a member of
the DNCC. 
 
Those interested in becoming a DNCC member are kindly asked to send an
email to [email-masked] and cc:
[email-masked] –– indicating their full name, role in the
ECDC Competent Bodies structure (NFP or OCP), functional expertise, as
well as the representing EU/EEA country. 
 
Please also feel free to propose other NFPs/OCPs to become a member of
the DNCC and ECDC will then approach this person to see if they are
available. 
 
Please do not hesitate to contact us, should you have any questions on
the DNCC election process. 
 
Kind regards,
 
Edoardo Colzani 
On behalf of the Respiratory Viruses and Legionella group 

 	European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control (ECDC) 
Gustav III:s boulevard 40, 169 73 Solna, Sweden	
Phone &#43;46 (0)8 58 60 10 00	
www.ecdc.europa.eu	

Follow ECDC on: 	 <http://www.facebook.com/ECDC.EU>  	
	 <http://twitter.com/ecdc_eu>  	
	 <http://www.linkedin.com/company/ecdc>  	
	 <http://www.youtube.com/user/ECDCchannel>  	

	

Classified as ECDC NORMAL 

From: ECDC respiratory viruses &lt;[email-masked]&gt; 
Sent: Thursday, August 15, 2024 3:44 PM
Subject: To NFPs and OCPs for action: Call for candidates to the Viral
Respiratory Diseases Network Coordination Committee 

To:         National Focal Points for Viral Respiratory Diseases (and
Alternates); Operational Contact Points for COVID-19, Influenza and SARI 
CC:       National Coordinators 
 
Dear National Focal Points and Operational Contact Points,
 
The 3-year mandate of the current Viral Respiratory Diseases Network
Coordination Committee (DNCC) comes to an end on the 19 October 2024. With
this email we would like to thank the current DNCC members, listed below,
for their valuable contribution over the past 3 years and launch a call
for nominations for the next DNCC. 
Katarina Prosenc Trilar	Slovenia	Raquel Guiomar 	Portugal
Lisa Domegan 	Ireland	Karoline Bragstad	Norway	Jan Kynčl
Czech Republic	Mary Emmanouil	Greece	Silke Buda	Germany	Christos
Karagiannis	Cyprus	Marc-Alain Widdowson	WHO Europe (observer)	 
The mandate of the DNCC is valid for 3 years following appointment and
the responsibilities of the appointed DNCC members are described in the
ECDC Terms of Reference (see the attached ‘Coordinating Competent Bodies
ToR’ document, page 37): 
“The Disease Network Coordination Committees (DNCCs) shall support
further development of the ECDC disease work and networks, by providing
important but non-binding advice to respective ECDC Disease Programmes
(DPs) with respect to all aspects of its work including surveillance,
prevention and control or any other technical, epidemiological or
scientific aspects, thus enabling the network to improve its effectiveness
and added value.” 
 
The DNCC will consist of a maximum of 10 members, and it is recommended
that both NFPs and OCPs for respiratory viruses are represented in the
DNCC, with balance between functional expertise, gender and geographical
representation.  
 
For action: we invite you to submit one nomination for the DNCC, noting
that:
*   In the election process, each CCB has one vote, coordinated by the
respective NFP
*   Nominees must be NFPs or OCPs 
*   You can nominate yourself or a colleague 
*   Current and former DNCC members can be nominated 
 
Those interested in becoming a DNCC member are kindly asked to send an
email to [email-masked] and cc:
[email-masked] –– indicating their full name, role in the
ECDC Competent Bodies structure (NFP or OCP), functional expertise
(epidemiologist/microbiologist) as well as the representing EU/EEA
country, by EOB the 9 September 2024.
 
Please feel free to also propose other NFPs/OCPs to become a member of
the DNCC and ECDC will then approach this person to see if they are
available. 
 
If not enough volunteers come forward or if there is a need to balance
the composition, as described above, ECDC may identify and approach
individuals asking for their candidacy.
 
What happens after nominations are received? 
ECDC will contact the candidates that are not self-nominated to confirm
their acceptance as candidates. The next step in the election process will
then depend on the number of nominations received. 
*   If too few candidates are nominated, ECDC may identify and contact
potential candidates from the network and invite their candidacy
*   If there are no more than 10 candidates, ECDC will send the names of
the candidates to all NFPs and OCPs asking if there are any major
objections to the proposed list 
*   If there are no major objections, the DNCC will be proposed for
appointment
*   If there are major objections, ECDC will organise an electronic
election
*   If there are more than 10 candidates, ECDC will arrange an electronic
election 
*   The candidates with the most votes will be proposed for appointment
*   Candidates proposed for appointment will be asked to complete a
Declaration of Interests (DoI)
*   ECDC will announce the results of the election via email
 
Should you have any further questions regarding the DNCC election, please
do not hesitate to contact us. 
 
Kind regards,
 
Edoardo Colzani 
On behalf of the Respiratory Viruses and Legionella group 

 	European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control (ECDC) 
Gustav III:s boulevard 40, 169 73 Solna, Sweden	
Phone &#43;46 (0)8 58 60 10 00	
www.ecdc.europa.eu	

Follow ECDC on: 	 <http://www.facebook.com/ECDC.EU>  	
	 <http://twitter.com/ecdc_eu>  	
	 <http://www.linkedin.com/company/ecdc>  	
	 <http://www.youtube.com/user/ECDCchannel>  	

	

Confidentiality Notice
If you are not the intended recipient of this message, you are hereby
kindly requested, to, consecutively, refrain from disclosing its content
to any third party, delete it and inform its sender of the erroneous
transmittal.