Subject: Calls re GLP-1s
From: "Mari Eccles" <[email-masked]>
To: "TA Info" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 5 Sep 2024 11:54:58 +0300

Tähelepanu! Tegemist on väljastpoolt asutust saabunud kirjaga. Tundmatu
saatja korral palume linke ja faile mitte avada.

Hello,

I'm a reporter based at POLITICO in Brussels, covering health policy.

I'm getting in touch after reading an article in the New York Times about
the number of people overdosing on Ozempic alternatives in the US:

"There have been 159 calls to national poison control centers so far this
year involving compounded GLP-1s, the class of medications that includes
semaglutide. In 2023, there were only 32."

I wondered if there are similar issues in Europe, so I'm contacting each
national authority.

Can you confirm how many calls there have been to Estonia's poison control
centers in 2022, 2023 and 2024?

Thank you!

Mari

Mari Eccles | Health reporter | POLITICO | T:  +32 2 548 15 55  M: +44
7504 262 331 | Rue de la Loi 62, 1040 Brussels, Belgium