Subject: FOR INFORMATION Report of 1st Joint STI DNCC & FWD DNCC - MDR/XDR Shigella among MSM in several Member States
From: "STIHIVHEP" <[email-masked]>
To: Bražinová Alexandra <[email-masked]>, "Dam, Alje van" <[email-masked]>, "Amaryl.Lecompte" <[email-masked]>, "akouzmanov" <[email-masked]>, "angeline.mcintyre" <[email-masked]>,Anna Margrét Guðmundsdóttir - Landl <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>, "Antra Bormane" <[email-masked]>,Asunción Díaz Franco <[email-masked]>, "aurelija.petrutiene" <[email-masked]>, "Suligoi Barbara" <[email-masked]>, "bmlynarczyk" <[email-masked]>, "nadzonova" <[email-masked]>, <beatri
Cc: "STIHIVHEP" <[email-masked]>, "FWD ECDC" <[email-masked]>, "Otilia Mardh" <[email-masked]>, "Therese Westrell" <[email-masked]>, "NC_CCB_Austria" <[email-masked]>, "sigrid.kiermayr" <[email-masked]>, "koen.blot" <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>, "Zhivka Getsova" <[email-masked]>, "Iva Christova" <[email-masked]>, "kcapak" <[email-masked]>, "bernard.kaic" <[email-masked]>, "Elisavet Constantinou" <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>,Hana Orlíková <[email-masked]>,Kam
Date: Tue, 9 Jul 2024 11:28:57 +0300

Tähelepanu! Tegemist on väljastpoolt asutust saabunud kirjaga. Tundmatu 
saatja korral palume linke ja faile mitte avada.

ECDC NORMAL

To: STI Network

Cc: National Coordinators

Dear Colleagues,

In recent years, 2022 to 2024, cases have been reported in EpiPulse of 
Shigella infection with MDR/XDR strains that predominantly affect gay, 
bisexual and other men who have sex with men (MSM) in several Member States. 
Most often these alerts were initiated by the FWD Network. Considering the 
relevance for the STI Network of being aware of the ongoing transmission 
clusters, access has been given by ECDC to the STI Network to the EpiPulse 
items reporting on Shigella cases among MSM.

Considering the need to collaborate across networks to adequately understand 
transmission dynamics and to identify, report and respond to the continued 
transmission of MDR/XDR Shigella, on 7 June 2024 ECDC organised a joint 
virtual meeting of the Coordination Committees of the two networks.  The aim 
was to obtain guidance on what the networks expect from ECDC and where 
collaboration across countries and networks would be of EU-added value.

We are sharing attached for your information the minutes of the meeting and 
are available for any further clarifications.

Many thanks to the STI Network Coordination Committee and FWD Network 
Coordination Committee members who contributed to this discussion.

With best regards,

Otilia Mardh and Therese Westrell, on behalf of ECDC STI and FWD team, 
respectively

Confidentiality Notice
If you are not the intended recipient of this message, you are hereby kindly 
requested, to, consecutively, refrain from disclosing its content to any 
third party, delete it and inform its sender of the erroneous transmittal.