Subject: FOR INFO: International symposium on artificial intelligence
From: "GMC European Team" <[email-masked]>
To: "Nicola While" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 8 Jul 2024 18:51:21 +0300

Dear European colleagues,

As I mentioned during the ENMCA meeting in Cyprus, I am sharing details of
a one-day symposium hosted by the International Association of Medical
Regulatory Authorities (IAMRA) on the topic of artificial intelligence.
The in-person symposium takes place on 20 September in Baltimore, USA and
will focus on the risks and opportunities for medical regulation.

Further information, including a draft programme, is here
<https://www.iamra.com/event-5735027> . Representatives from regulators in
the US, Canada, Ireland, Middle East, India, Australia and New Zealand
have already confirmed their attendance.

Please cascade to colleagues who are interested in the impact of
artificial intelligence on regulatory activities.

Best wishes

Nicola

Nicola While

Strategic Engagement Manager

General Medical Council

Email:  <mailto:[email-masked]> [email-masked]

Telephone: +44 7825 144632

General Medical Council

We work with doctors, patients, and other stakeholders to support good,
safe patient care across the UK. We set the standards doctors and those
who train them need to meet, and help them achieve them. If there are
concerns these standards may not be met or that public confidence in
doctors may be at risk, we can investigate, and take action if needed.

This email may contain privileged or confidential information which should
only be used for the purpose for which it has been sent.

If you are not the addressee or have received this email in error, please
do not read, print, re-transmit, store or act in reliance on it or any
attachments. Please email the sender and then immediately delete it.

The General Medical Council is a charity registered in England and Wales
(1089278) and in Scotland (SC037750)

You are welcome to contact us in Welsh. We will respond in Welsh, without
this causing additional delay.

_________________________________________________________________

Cyngor Meddygol Cyffredinol

Rydym yn gweithio gyda meddygon, cleifion a rhanddeiliaid eraill i
gynorthwyo gofal da a diogel i gleifion ar draws y DU. Rydym yn gosod y
safonau y bydd angen i feddygon a’r rhai sy’n eu hyfforddi eu bodloni, ac
yn eu helpu i’w cyflawni. Os bydd pryderon efallai na fydd y safonau hyn
yn cael eu cyflawni neu y gallai hyder y cyhoedd mewn meddygon fod mewn
perygl, gallwn ymchwilio, a gweithredu os oes angen.

Efallai bod y neges e-bost hon yn cynnwys gwybodaeth freiniol neu
gyfrinachol, y dylid ei defnyddio at y diben y’i hanfonwyd yn unig.

Os nad chi yw’r derbynnydd neu os ydych chi wedi cael yr e-bost hwn mewn
camgymeriad, peidiwch â’i ddarllen, argraffu, ail-anfon, storio na
gweithredu mewn ffordd sy’n dibynnu arni neu unrhyw atodiadau os gwelwch
yn dda. Dylech anfon e-bost at yr anfonwr ac yna, ei ddileu ar unwaith.

Mae’r Cyngor Meddygol Cyffredinol yn elusen gofrestredig yng Nghymru a
Lloegr (1089278) ac yn Yr Alban (SC037750)

Mae croeso i chi gysylltu â ni yn Gymraeg. Byddwn yn ymateb yn Gymraeg,
heb i hyn achosi oedi ychwanegol.