Subject: To OCPs for influenza for action: Virus characterisation/antiviral susceptibility data call for southern hemisphere VCM report
From: "ECDC respiratory viruses" <[email-masked]>
Cc: "ECDC Info" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 2 Jul 2024 18:11:28 +0300

Tähelepanu! Tegemist on väljastpoolt asutust saabunud kirjaga. Tundmatu
saatja korral palume linke ja faile mitte avada. 	
  
ECDC NORMAL

 

To:         Operational Contact Points for Influenza (microbiology)
Cc:         National Focal Points for Viral Respiratory Diseases,
National Coordinators
 
Dear colleagues,
 
The previous message had an error for the recordtypes used for SARI data
reporting.
For the epidemiological part of the WHO EURO/ECDC report ahead of the
Southern Hemisphere VCM, countries can report SARI data to either
case-base data (SARISURV and SARISURVDENOM) or aggregate data
(INFLSARIAGGR). 
 
Please do not hesitate to contact [email-masked] and
[email-masked] in case you need assistance with data reporting or
have any questions.
 
Best regards,
 
The ECDC and WHO Europe Influenza teams

 
 	European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control (ECDC) 
Gustav III:s boulevard 40, 169 73 Solna, Sweden	
Phone &#43;46 (0)8 58 60 10 00	
www.ecdc.europa.eu	

Follow ECDC on: 	 <http://www.facebook.com/ECDC.EU>  	
	 <http://twitter.com/ecdc_eu>  	
	 <http://www.linkedin.com/company/ecdc>  	
	 <http://www.youtube.com/user/ECDCchannel>  	

	
	 
From: ECDC respiratory viruses 
Sent: Wednesday, June 26, 2024 2:45 PM
Cc: ECDC Info &lt;[email-masked]&gt;
Subject: To OCPs for Influenza for action: Virus
characterisation/antiviral susceptibility data call for southern
hemisphere VCM report

 

To:         Operational Contact Points for Influenza (microbiology)
Cc:         National Focal Points for Viral Respiratory Diseases,
National Coordinators
 
Dear Colleagues, 
 
We intend to prepare a summary report of the influenza antigenic,
genetic, and antiviral characterisation data with the available TESSy
data. This report will be shared with the GISRS network and submitted to
the WHO Consultation on the Composition of Influenza Virus Vaccines for
use in the 2025 Southern Hemisphere Influenza Season which will take place
23-27 September 2024 (SH VCM).
 
The snapshot of the characterisation data reported to TESSy will be taken
on 22 August (with upload of data latest by 10:00 am CET 22 Aug). Please
upload the available data to TESSy in strain-based format in INFLANTIVIR
record type, and the sequences that you have in GISAID EpiFlu database.
Remember to release your sequences and use the Isolate ID, e.g.
EPI_ISL_16494781, and report for haemagglutinin gene in HAISD variable to
report to TESSy. 
 
Please also report antiviral susceptibility data for oseltamivir,
zanamivir and baloxavir. 
 
Additionally, please ensure that the data for the 2023/24 season is
complete, for the following record types and fields:
-             INFLCLIN: intensity reporting
-             INFLVIR or RESPIAGGR: sentinel and non-sentinel detections
and test of influenza, RSV and SARS-CoV-2
-             INFLSARIAGGR: detections and tests per age group and per
pathogen
 
Please email [email-masked] (for EU/EEA countries) or
[email-masked] (for countries outside EU/EEA), if you need assistance
with data reporting.
 
Additionally, we would like to remind you to share specimens/isolates
with a WHO Collaborating Centre by 14 August 2024. This will enable
Collaborating Centres to have a good set of results ahead of the SH VCM.
 
The criteria for selection of specimens to send to a WHO CC are described
in Operational Guidance for Sharing Seasonal Influenza Viruses with WHO
Collaborating Centres available on the public WHO web site at:
https://apps.who.int/iris/handle/10665/259400. 
 
Best regards,
 
The ECDC and WHO Europe Influenza teams

Confidentiality Notice
If you are not the intended recipient of this message, you are hereby
kindly requested, to, consecutively, refrain from disclosing its content
to any third party, delete it and inform its sender of the erroneous
transmittal.