Subject: ENMCA survey - Latvian Medical Association
From: "Contact ENMCA" <[email-masked]>
To: "Contact ENMCA" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2024 18:51:43 +0300

Tähelepanu! Tegemist on väljastpoolt asutust saabunud kirjaga. Tundmatu
saatja korral palume linke ja faile mitte avada. 	
 
Dear ENMCA participants

Please see below a short survey from the Latvian Medical Association
regarding a recent legislative proposal in Latvia for the system of
recognition of professional qualifications. 

_________________________________________________________________________
__________________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________________

There is a new proposal to apply the special system (automatic
recognition) for all healthcare professions also to all NATO countries,
Australia, New Zealand and Brazil for all healthcare professions.

The Latvian Medical Association considers this proposal unreasoned, rash
and potentially dangerous to patient safety. By the mid July there will be
an institutional discussion of the proposal, and it would be very helpful
to have information from other recognition institutions, namely, ENMCA.

We kindly ask you to answer the following questions about healthcare
professions in order to help us to draft the arguments against the
proposal (fully or partly):

1) Is it possible in your country to apply the special system (automatic
recognition) to the countries and qualifications outside the EEA and
Switzerland? If yes, for which countries and which qualifications?

2) Assuming that there is a similar legislative proposal in your country,
what would be your arguments: a) against the proposal; b) for the
proposal?

3) If you know any examples where the qualifications from the above
countries differ substantially from the Directives curriculum, please,
describe.

4) If you know reliable paths to verify information or documents
regarding medical qualifications in the above countries, please, indicate
and advise.

5) In your opinion, do the medical qualifications from the USA and Canada
fully correspond to those in the Directives curriculum? If not, please,
provide examples and as much information as possible.

If you do not have the possibility for very explicit answers, please,
write as much as you can.

Please send your answers to the email address [email-masked]
by 10 July 2024. If you have any questions about the questionnaire,
please, do not hesitate to ask on email [email-masked] or mobile phone
&#43;371 26162825 (also WhatsApp).

We'd highly appreciate your input and responsiveness. We experience more
and more often that the easy and cheap way is chosen, not the safe and the
right one. With your assistance we hope to find a good solution with less
bureaucracy but still safe for the patients in Latvia and other healthcare
systems in EEA and Switzerland.

By the end of July we'll prepare a summary of the received answers and
will share with all of you.

Thank you in advance.

Best regards
Ilze Vilka
Legal Adviser
Latvian Medical Association

European Network of Medical Competent Authorities

www.enmca.eu