Subject: For information: upcoming invitation to designate participant(s) for ECDC course: Control of multidrug-resistant organisms (MDROs) in healthcare settings
From: "ECDC Courses" <[email-masked]>
To: "TA Info" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2024 12:40:44 +0300

Tähelepanu! Tegemist on väljastpoolt asutust saabunud kirjaga. Tundmatu 
saatja korral palume linke ja faile mitte avada.

Our Ref.: CS0002736 To: National Focal Point for Healthcare-associated 
infections – Members CC: National Focal Point for Healthcare-associated 
infections – AlternatesCC: National Focal Point for Public Health Training – 
Members and Alternates CC: National Focal Point for Antimicrobial 
resistance –

 

 

Our Ref.: CS0002736

To:       National Focal Point for Healthcare-associated infections – 
Members

CC:       National Focal Point for Healthcare-associated infections – 
Alternates

CC:       National Focal Point for Public Health Training – Members and 
Alternates

CC:       National Focal Point for Antimicrobial resistance – Members and 
Alternates

CC:       National Coordinators of ECDC Coordinating Competent Bodies

CC:       [email-masked]

CC:       [email-masked]

Dear  Estonia Generic Email Box -,

 

ECDC will organise online course on Control of multidrug-resistant organisms 
(MDROs) in healthcare settings, on 5, 8, 12 and 15 November 2024 
(half-days).

 

This email is sent only for information purposes about the upcoming training 
activity.

No action is required at this stage from your side.

National Focal Point for Healthcare-associated infections – Members will 
receive an individual email from ECDCEventNominations-noreply with the link 
to nominate two participant(s) from each country (two major participants and 
maximum two alternates).

Please find below more specific information about the training.

Overall Aim:

The aim of the course is to strengthen capacity within European Union (EU) 
and European Economic Area (EEA) countries for the prevention and control of 
healthcare-associated infections (HAIs), caused by multidrug-resistant 
organisms (MDROs), and to promote the broad implementation of appropriate 
measures in the EU/EEA.

Scope & Purpose:

The topics covered by the course will include:

*	Epidemiology of antimicrobial resistance (AMR) and MDRO HAIs in the 
EU/EEA;
*	Implementation of antibiotic stewardship programs at national and facility 
levels (antibiotic policies, measures for improvement of prescribing);
*	Infection prevention and control (IPC) (evidence-based practices in MDRO 
control);
*	Challenges from HAIs caused by MDROs in EU/EEA countries and activities to 
address them;
*	Behavioural drivers influencing antibiotic prescribing and IPC practices;
*	Detecting and investigating MDRO outbreaks;
*	Implementing effective interventions to control MDROs in healthcare 
settings;
*	Communicating results from MDRO surveillance and outbreak responses.

The training will also include some pre-course and post-course online 
self-paced activities. Completion of the mandatory pre-course activities, of 
an estimated time of three hours, will be a requirement for joining the 
on-line facilitated sessions.

   

Target Audience:

The target audience is:

*	professionals in the areas of public health, epidemiology, microbiology, 
healthcare, and/or infection prevention and control, in EU/EEA countries;
*	likely to be directly involved in activities aimed at prevention and 
control of HAIs caused by MDROs in healthcare settings;
*	likely to be involved in outbreak investigations in healthcare settings.

They may include:

*	Public health professionals in the field of MDRO and/or IPC;
*	IPC/hospital hygiene professionals;
*	Hospital physicians/specialist physicians and other antibiotic 
prescribers;
*	Hospital nurses/specialist nurses;
*	Hospital epidemiologists;
*	Clinical microbiologists.

The online course will include several workshops, in which participants will 
share their experiences while addressing group work and case studies. 
Therefore, it is important that the nominated individuals have been active 
for at least a year in IPC and/or antibiotic stewardship. The ideal 
attendees would be mid-career professionals directly involved in 
IPC/antibiotic stewardship programmes in hospitals and other healthcare 
settings.

If you have any questions, please contact [email-masked].

 

Kind regards,

Vicky Lefevre

Head of Unit Public Health Functions

European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control (ECDC)

Gustav III:s boulevard 40, 169 73 Solna, Sweden

Phone +46 (0)8 58 60 10 00

 <https://552e57faaa7244ad9c9144b3ab037b55.svc.dynamics.com/t/t/w7JZ7ickEtilUnrDReI0T702Wwp8r2gCanLDO5x8Jjgx/txBEvafhqaVpkvvkGDr8TaIG2GB3M6KHC2pBaeEdkVox> 
www.ecdc.europa.eu

Follow ECDC on:

 <https://552e57faaa7244ad9c9144b3ab037b55.svc.dynamics.com/t/t/xDLIxWkba87ytogjq8pVWI6IkGfd8JGynuoNJVsqv10x/txBEvafhqaVpkvvkGDr8TaIG2GB3M6KHC2pBaeEdkVox>

 <https://552e57faaa7244ad9c9144b3ab037b55.svc.dynamics.com/t/t/Jaiaxwwu6PZxL39CFoD5RubKRCUlPxAhVkeMgDbiHN0x/txBEvafhqaVpkvvkGDr8TaIG2GB3M6KHC2pBaeEdkVox>

 <https://552e57faaa7244ad9c9144b3ab037b55.svc.dynamics.com/t/t/loDaX8kRkql6QFBT0gt0cg6nnWKEKUaxpzFxl5UcdWgx/txBEvafhqaVpkvvkGDr8TaIG2GB3M6KHC2pBaeEdkVox>

 <https://552e57faaa7244ad9c9144b3ab037b55.svc.dynamics.com/t/t/EltqDI6zxHam0fw2dFwXGuTTbAEWLFxAnwV0FE1mEmQx/txBEvafhqaVpkvvkGDr8TaIG2GB3M6KHC2pBaeEdkVox>

European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control (ECDC)

Gustav III:s Boulevard 40, 169 73 Solna, Sweden

Phone: +46(0)858601000

 <https://552e57faaa7244ad9c9144b3ab037b55.svc.dynamics.com/t/t/2XY9AU3HcePe8s9VqrHeilN359ujxovE76BDzQnyPV4x/txBEvafhqaVpkvvkGDr8TaIG2GB3M6KHC2pBaeEdkVox> 
www.ecdc.europa.eu

 <https://552e57faaa7244ad9c9144b3ab037b55.svc.dynamics.com/t/t/g8yn12sefQjmi4cJVOXhhx39IUstjubrQ0SDaF3KyWQx/txBEvafhqaVpkvvkGDr8TaIG2GB3M6KHC2pBaeEdkVox> 
Unsubscribe

 <https://552e57faaa7244ad9c9144b3ab037b55.svc.dynamics.com/t/t/AXxIHibxUK5j6J93MerNsrsByIonLm8sDxLhx427WWAx/txBEvafhqaVpkvvkGDr8TaIG2GB3M6KHC2pBaeEdkVox> 
<https://552e57faaa7244ad9c9144b3ab037b55.svc.dynamics.com/t/i/UwrOr44hRkrBWy51y5tvDSO5shUUoLEtAoK4mCigrEMx/txBEvafhqaVpkvvkGDr8TaIG2GB3M6KHC2pBaeEdkVox>