Subject: Invitation to contribute to study on Lyme neuroborreliosis - deadline 13 May
From: "EVD Admin" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2024 13:27:10 +0300

Tähelepanu! Tegemist on väljastpoolt asutust saabunud kirjaga. Tundmatu 
saatja korral palume linke ja faile mitte avada.

To: National Focal Points for Emerging and Vector-borne disease (Members and 
Alternates)

For information: National Coordinators

Dear Colleagues,

The EVD team at ECDC is planning to prepare a peer-reviewed manuscript on 
Lyme neuroborreliosis. The study will include a descriptive analysis of Lyme 
neuroborreliosis surveillance data (TESSy data) from 2018 to 2023 as well as 
a description of the LNB surveillance systems in reporting countries. We 
further plan to discuss the challenges related to LNB surveillance, 
including case definitions.

We would like to invite countries that have reported LNB data through TESSy 
to participate in the preparation of the peer-reviewed publication by 
nominating one or maximum two co-authors from their country. Please note 
that we will collect DoIs from all contributors.

The contributors will be expected to:

- review the draft outline of the manuscript,

- validate and, if necessary, correct/ complete their country’s LNB data 
reported through TESSy,

- critically appraise the results of the analysis, review and comment on the 
various versions of the manuscript and

- provide a short text describing their country’s perspective, when 
relevant.

All co-authors should meet all 
<http://www.icmje.org/recommendations/browse/roles-and-responsibilities/defining-the-role-of-authors-and-contributors.html> 
ICMJE authorship criteria.

We plan to perform the study and write the manuscript in the coming months 
and aim for submission towards the end of 2024/ Q1 - 2025.

Please kindly inform us by Monday 13 May 2024 if you would like to 
participate and who the nominated expert(s) from your country would be.

Please do not hesitate to contact us, should you have any questions.

Best regards,

Joana Haussig on behalf of the ECDC study team

Confidentiality Notice
If you are not the intended recipient of this message, you are hereby kindly 
requested, to, consecutively, refrain from disclosing its content to any 
third party, delete it and inform its sender of the erroneous transmittal.