Subject: For information: upcoming invitation to designate participant(s) for ECDC Summer School
From: "ECDC Courses" <[email-masked]>
To: "TA Info" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2024 16:30:49 +0200

Tähelepanu! Tegemist on väljastpoolt asutust saabunud kirjaga. Tundmatu 
saatja korral palume linke ja faile mitte avada.

To: National Focal Point for Public Health Training – Members CC: National 
Focal Point for Public Health Training –AlternatesCC: National Coordinators 
of ECDC Coordinating Competent Bodies – Members and AlternatesDear  Estonia 
Generic Email Box -, ECDC will organise Summer School, on

 

 

To:       National Focal Point for Public Health Training – Members

CC:       National Focal Point for Public Health Training –Alternates

CC:       National Coordinators of ECDC Coordinating Competent Bodies – 
Members and Alternates

Dear  Estonia Generic Email Box -,

 

ECDC will organise Summer School, on 22/05/2024 - 24/05/2024, in Stockholm, 
Sweden.

 

This email is sent only for information purposes about the upcoming training 
activity.

No action is required at this stage from your side.

National Focal Point for Public Health Training – Members will shortly 
receive an individual email from ECDCEventNominations-noreply with the link 
to nominate participant(s) from each country (one participant and one 
alternate).

Please find below more specific information about the training.

Overall Aim:

The overall aim of the course is to introduce the usage of mathematical 
modelling and strategic foresight for assessing and anticipating threats in 
public health.

Scope & Purpose:

For the mathematical modelling session, the objective is to provide public 
health practitioners that are not modellers with the essentials to 
understand the key concepts of modelling, the types of questions modelling 
can help decision makers with, general limitations of models (data, 
uncertainties, assumptions, etc.), and how to interpret, and clearly 
communicate in a non-scientific way modelling results from 
publications/reports.

Participants will learn key components and modelling concepts of infectious 
disease transmission and control, analyse an ECDC modelling output to 
interpret its modelling findings, and discuss how modelling informs policy 
making.

Concerning the strategic foresight session, the objective is to allow 
participants to understand the basic concepts of strategic foresight, 
understand its relevance for public health, and to explore how public health 
practitioners can make use of it in their work. The session is not aimed at 
conducting foresight studies or training foresight experts, but at building 
capacity in foresight and future thinking in a practical way, so that 
participants can independently apply elements of it in their decision making 
and daily work.

Both modelling and foresight provide valuable tools for assessing and 
anticipating threats in public health and help public health decision making 
under uncertainty.

   

Target Audience:

This Summer School has been designed for public health practitioners 
interested in understanding, interpreting and utilising results and outputs 
of anticipatory approaches, both quantitative and qualitative, to guide 
public health decision making.

The training is most useful for public health decision makers involved in 
planning of interventions and resource allocation, who interact with 
modelling outcomes and may benefit from understanding different approaches 
to what may come. Both specialists and generalists can benefit from this 
Summer School.

Note that this training is not aimed for modellers or foresight experts, and 
it does not aim to train modellers or foresight experts. Furthermore, by 
attending this course participants commit, as one step towards strengthening 
the capacity of countries, to cascade the knowledge gained during the course 
in their professional setting.

If you have any questions, please contact [email-masked].

 

Kind regards,

Vicky Lefevre

Head of Unit Public Health Functions

European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control (ECDC)

Gustav III:s boulevard 40, 169 73 Solna, Sweden

Phone +46 (0)8 58 60 10 00

 <https://552e57faaa7244ad9c9144b3ab037b55.svc.dynamics.com/t/t/5vKNqGNczsvz61x4DufxW0MeX48AShkW8dDGp0xfMYEx/SFqxqXjfbbirjqjMG21j7jv0WqwpdtU7A0g3r5RnSrwx> 
www.ecdc.europa.eu

Follow ECDC on:

 <https://552e57faaa7244ad9c9144b3ab037b55.svc.dynamics.com/t/t/5g5MXW8Bz1hvrJTI8Vem9N3LBlXMChGeG7CBtM1fyH4x/SFqxqXjfbbirjqjMG21j7jv0WqwpdtU7A0g3r5RnSrwx>

 <https://552e57faaa7244ad9c9144b3ab037b55.svc.dynamics.com/t/t/6VGz75uw5qlX7Zz8KmfhZxLY5BBKzQXxyQCA4kg4RGgx/SFqxqXjfbbirjqjMG21j7jv0WqwpdtU7A0g3r5RnSrwx>

 <https://552e57faaa7244ad9c9144b3ab037b55.svc.dynamics.com/t/t/nWGlBk9Dy13y22LUQzrBxEUNrJZo9bMopFzcXDhN6I0x/SFqxqXjfbbirjqjMG21j7jv0WqwpdtU7A0g3r5RnSrwx>

 <https://552e57faaa7244ad9c9144b3ab037b55.svc.dynamics.com/t/t/iM70EBCqFeNH1b5PMLUsigSesWJ2VXl4CrRLsEugrwcx/SFqxqXjfbbirjqjMG21j7jv0WqwpdtU7A0g3r5RnSrwx>

© 2024 Microsoft Dynamics. All rights reserved.

Gustav III:s Boulevard 40, 169 73 Solna, Sweden

 <https://552e57faaa7244ad9c9144b3ab037b55.svc.dynamics.com/t/t/7OxYZ807qwSFUjCxRuxkM90GmFNcq9KJ6QFI9RR6NMox/SFqxqXjfbbirjqjMG21j7jv0WqwpdtU7A0g3r5RnSrwx> 
Unsubscribe

 <https://552e57faaa7244ad9c9144b3ab037b55.svc.dynamics.com/t/t/0YD3Gx9A25udy5prXeut7Rs1n0inbs6TYyYy3X7xm3Mx/SFqxqXjfbbirjqjMG21j7jv0WqwpdtU7A0g3r5RnSrwx> 
<https://552e57faaa7244ad9c9144b3ab037b55.svc.dynamics.com/t/i/Yi4yC7HstY3cDxWGg2xkaAQSnLrb7xr6FIkPtfthrDIx/SFqxqXjfbbirjqjMG21j7jv0WqwpdtU7A0g3r5RnSrwx>