Subject: [gisrs] Recommended viral composition of influenza vaccines for the 2024-2025 influenza season in the northern hemisphere
From: "EURO Influenza" <[email-masked]>
To: "EURO Influenza" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 5 Mar 2024 19:37:45 +0200

Tähelepanu! Tegemist on väljastpoolt asutust saabunud kirjaga. Tundmatu
saatja korral palume linke ja faile mitte avada. 	
  
Далее следует текст на русском языке / This message follows in Russian
 
Dear colleagues,
 
In February 2024 the World Health Organization has convened the technical
consultation on the viral composition of influenza vaccines for the
2024-2025 influenza season in the northern hemisphere. These consultations
are organized by WHO twice a year, in February and September, with an
advisory group of experts from WHO Collaborating Centres, H5 Reference
Laboratories and Essential Regulatory Laboratories to review available
characterization data of circulating influenza viruses generated by the
WHO Global Influenza Surveillance and Response System (GISRS) and make
recommendations on the viruses to be included in the tri- and quadrivalent
vaccines for the use during the next influenza season in Northern and
Southern hemispheres, respectively.
 
As an outcome of this consultation the WHO has announced the
recommendations for the viral composition of influenza vaccines for the
2024-2025 influenza season in the northern hemisphere which contain the
following: 
 
Egg-based vaccines
 
-             an A/Victoria/4897/2022 (H1N1)pdm09-like virus;
-             an A/Thailand/8/2022 (H3N2)-like virus; and
-             a B/Austria/1359417/2021 (B/Victoria lineage)-like virus.
 
Cell culture- or recombinant-based vaccines
 
-             an A/Wisconsin/67/2022 (H1N1)pdm09-like virus;
-             an A/Massachusetts/18/2022 (H3N2)-like virus; and
-             a B/Austria/1359417/2021 (B/Victoria lineage)-like virus.
 
For quadrivalent egg- or cell culture-based or recombinant vaccines for
use in the 2024-2025 northern hemisphere influenza season: While the
B/Yamagata lineage vaccine component should be excluded as it is no longer
warranted, where quadrivalent vaccines are still in use, the B/Yamagata
lineage component remains unchanged:  
 
Egg-, cell- or recombinant-based Vaccines
 
-             a B/Phuket/3073/2013 (B/Yamagata lineage)-like virus.
 
We would like to thank you all for your great contributions and
collaboration!
 
Best regards,
High Threat Pathogens Team / Группа по особо опасным патогенам ЕРБ ВОЗ
WHO Health Emergencies Program  
WHO Regional Office for Europe
UN City, Marmorvej 51, 2100 Copenhagen Ø, Denmark
Direct: &#43;45 4533 70 00
Web: www.who.int
Follow WHO on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram

Далее следует текст на русском языке / This message follows in Russian
 
Уважаемые коллеги,
 
В феврале 2024 года Всемирная организация здравоохранения созвала
техническую консультацию по штаммовому составу вакцин против сезонного
гриппа на эпидемический сезон 2024-2025 гг. в северном полушарии. Эти
консультации организуются ВОЗ два раза в год, в феврале и сентябре, с
участием консультативной группы экспертов из сотрудничающих центров ВОЗ,
референс лабораторий по гриппу H5 и головных контрольных лабораторий для
рассмотрения имеющихся данных о характеристиках циркулирующих вирусов
гриппа, полученных Глобальной системой ВОЗ по эпиднадзору за гриппом и
принятию ответных мер (ГСЭГО) и предоставления рекомендации по вирусам,
которые должны быть включены в трех- и четырехвалентные вакцины для
использования в следующем сезоне гриппа в Северном и Южном полушариях
соответственно.
 
По итогам этой консультации ВОЗ объявила рекомендации по вирусному
составу вакцин против гриппа на сезон гриппа 2024-2025 гг. в северном
полушарии (на английском языке), которые содержат следующее:
 
Вакцины, культивируемые на куриных эмбрионах
 
*   вирус, подобный A/Victoria/4897/2022 (H1N1)pdm09;
*   вирус, подобный A/Thailand/8/2022 (H3N2);
*   вирус, подобный B/Austria/1359417/2021 (линия B/Victoria).
 
Вакцины, выращенные в культуре клеток, или рекомбинантные вакцины
 
*   вирус, подобный A/Wisconsin/67/2022 (H1N1)pdm09;
*   вирус, подобный A/Massachusetts/18/2022 (H3N2);
*   вирус, подобный B/Austria/1359417/2021 (линия B/Victoria).
 
Для четырехвалентных вакцин , выращенных на куриных эмбрионах, выращенных
в культуре клеток или рекомбинантных вакцин, предназначенных для
применения в эпидемический сезон 2024-2025 гг. в Северном полушарии: в то
время как компонент вакцины линии B/Yamagata следует исключить, поскольку
он больше не является оправданным, там, где все еще используются
четырехвалентные вакцины, компонент линии B/Yamagata остается неизменным:
 
*   вирус, подобный B/Phuket/3073/2013 (линия B/Yamagata).
 
Мы хотели бы поблагодарить всех вас за ваш вклад и сотрудничество!
 
С уважением,
Группа по особо опасным патогенам ЕРБ ВОЗ
WHO Health Emergencies Program  
WHO Regional Office for Europe
UN City, Marmorvej 51, 2100 Copenhagen Ø, Denmark
Direct: &#43;45 4533 70 00
Web: www.who.int
Follow WHO on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram