Subject: Consultation on the health warnings of e-cigarette packaging
From: <[email-masked]>
To: "TA Info" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2024 13:26:14 +0200

Dear Sir/Madam,

It's my pleasure to contact you.

I am Amy Lei, and I am in charge of product certification for Q Plus
Holdings Limited.

We have a product that is preparing to apply for TPD registration, and We
have some questions about how health warnings are labeled on packaging.

The charging case, cigarette rod, and pod are placed in a wooden box, and
then the wooden box is covered with a paper box, and the outermost is a
paper handbag.

Instead of plugging into a charging case or cigarette rod, the pods are
packaged individually in wooden box.

We print the health warnings on the pod's unit packet and cover at least
30% of the relevant surface of the unit packet as required by DIRECTIVE
2014/40/EU.

‘This product contains nicotine which is a highly addictive substance. It
is not recommended for use by non-smokers’.

or

‘This product contains nicotine which is a highly addictive substance.’

Our question is:Based on our packaging design, Can wooden box, paper box
and paper handbag not be labeled with health warnings? Look forward to
hearing from you.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
-----------------------------------

Size:

wooden box: 327*281*90mm

paper box: 337.5*294*140.5mm

paper handbag: 347*325*150mm

DIRECTIVE 2014/40/EU

Article  11

2.      The general warning referred to in paragraph  1 shall cover 30 %
of the relevant surface of the unit packet and any outside packaging. That
proportion shall be increased to 32 % for Member States with two
officiallanguages and to 35 % for Member States with more than two
official languages.

Article 20

(b)  unit packets and any outside packaging of electronic cigarettes and
refill containers

     (i)  include a list of all ingredients contained in the product in
descending order of the weight, and an indication of the nicotine content
of the product and the delivery per dose, the batch number and a
recommendation to keep the product out of reach of children;

(ii)  without prejudice to point (i) of this point,do not include elements
or features referred to in Article 13, with the

exception of Article  13(1)(a)  and  (c)  concerning  information  on the
nicotine content and on flavourings; and

(iii)  carry one  of the following health warnings:

‘This product contains nicotine which is a highly addictive substance. It
is not recommended for use by non-smokers’.

or

‘This product contains nicotine which is a highly addictive substance.’

Best regards,
Amy Lei
  _____

+86 13632931920
Q Plus Holdings Limited