Subject: Transatlantic dialogue on climate and health impacts in situations of vulnerability, 16 July at 15:00 CEST
From: "EURO CEH" <[email-masked]>
To: "EURO CEH" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2025 13:52:31 +0300

Tähelepanu! Tegemist on välisvõrgust saabunud kirjaga.
Tundmatu saatja korral palume linke ja faile mitte avada.

Для вашего сведения: эта сессия Трансатлантического диалога будет 
проводиться на английском и испанском языках без перевода на русский язык.

To:

Members of the Working Group on Health in Climate Change (HIC) and 
associated stakeholders

Members of the European Environment and Health Task Force (EHTF) and 
associated stakeholders

WHO National Counterparts

WHO Representatives and Heads of WHO Country Offices in the European Region

Dear colleagues,

On 16 July, we will be co-hosting the Transatlantic Dialogue on climate and 
health impacts in situations of vulnerability.

This Transatlantic Dialogue is the fourth in a series of a joint initiative 
by WHO Regional Office for Europe and the Pan American Health Organization. 
This virtual event aims to foster collaboration and the exchange of 
experiences among Member States across the Atlantic, focusing on the 
critical issue of climate change impacts on mental health.

The burden of climate-related health risks is not evenly distributed. 
Populations more likely to be affected are those exposed to higher risks due 
to social, economic and environmental factors, including socioeconomic 
deprivation, geographic location and occupational exposure. Populations in 
situations of vulnerability – as well as children, pregnant women, older 
adults, ethnic minorities and those living in low-lying coastal or 
flood-prone areas – face disproportionate impacts, compounded by social 
determinants that limit their capacity to cope and adapt. This differential 
vulnerability underscores the critical importance of integrating health 
equity into climate and health action.

Despite increasing awareness of these disparities, most climate–health 
initiatives have focused broadly on population-wide impacts, often 
neglecting the specific needs of populations and territories in situations 
of vulnerability. Therefore, there is a necessity to take an equity-based 
approach, ensuring that adaptation, mitigation and resilience-building 
efforts explicitly address social inequities, leaving no one behind.

Specifically focussing on climate change and health equity this dialogue 
aims to:

∙        share knowledge on the differential impacts of climate change among 
population groups across countries and regions, including exposure, 
vulnerability and coping capacity;

∙        exchange experiences on successful interventions that integrate 
health equity in climate action while acknowledging common and 
region-specific challenges; and

∙        foster a collaborative dialogue and stimulate further collaboration 
towards actionable policy recommendations and strategies that integrate a 
health equity lens.

An overview of the programme is as follows:

*	Opening remarks and introduction
*	Panel 1: Evidence of differential impact of Climate change among 
population groups
*	Panel 2: Climate action with an equity lens
*	Discussion on future challenges
*	Wrap-up and closing remarks

The event will be hosted virtually on Zoom on Wednesday, 16 July 2025 from 
15:00 to 17:00 CEST, with simultaneous interpretation into English and 
Spanish.

*	If you are interested to join, please click this link to register for the 
event:  <https://paho-org.zoom.us/meeting/register/Tudt94m7QWeBSSM6kzxMGg> 
https://paho-org.zoom.us/meeting/register/Tudt94m7QWeBSSM6kzxMGg
*	Please see the attached flyer and the event notice is published on our 
website here: 
<https://www.who.int/europe/news-room/events/item/2025/07/16/default-calendar/transatlantic-dialogue-on-climate-and-health-impacts-in-situations-of-vulnerability> 
https://www.who.int/europe/news-room/events/item/2025/07/16/default-calendar/transatlantic-dialogue-on-climate-and-health-impacts-in-situations-of-vulnerability

Kind regards,

Sinaia Netanyahu

Sinaia Netanyahu | Programme Manager | Environment and Health Impact 
Assessment

WHO Regional Office for Europe | European Centre for Environment and Health 
| Bonn, Germany