Subject: WHO CC training workshop in Simplified BBS and HIV data use, May 2025, Zagreb, Croatia
From: "Training" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2025 09:27:58 +0200

Tähelepanu! Tegemist on välisvõrgust saabunud kirjaga.
Tundmatu saatja korral palume linke ja faile mitte avada.

Dear Colleagues,

WHO Collaborating Centre for HIV Strategic Information is pleased to 
announce a training workshop in Simplified bio-behavioural surveys 
(BBS-Lite) and HIV data use, which will be held from 5-9 May 2025 in Zagreb, 
Croatia.  There might be an option for virtual participation, as well. This 
training workshop is co-organised with Global Health Sciences, University of 
California, San Francisco.

The aim of the course is to provide participants with practical guidance on 
how to design bio-behavioural survey “lite” (BBS-Lite), which is a new, 
programme-based survey method recently recommended by WHO and UNAIDS for 
collecting a limited amount of data in key populations. The course will also 
address HIV data use more broadly, and give examples of how different 
programmatic data sources can be used to improve service delivery. BBS-Lite 
is less demanding in terms of implementation and data analysis, less costly 
than BBS based on probabilistic methods and enables more timely data 
availability. It is recommended that this method is  implemented more 
routinely, in-between rounds of BBS based on probabilistic methods such as 
RDS and TLS.

The second part of the course will address HIV data use through examples. 
These will include use of routine programmatic sources that collect 
individual level data, such as HIV testing data that can be used to measure 
HIV incidence. Examples  will be given of the use of PrEP data to determine 
adherence to PrEP, HIV seroconversion and acquisition of  STIs, and use of 
data to evaluate virtual HIV interventions.

In the attachment please find a more detailed description of the workshop 
with the programme, and a course application form.

If interested in applying, please complete a form and send it back to us.

Best regards,

Branka Prekop

WHO Collaborating Centre for HIV Strategic Information

Andrija Stampar School of Public Health

School of Medicine

Rockefellerova 4

10 000 Zagreb

Croatia

Tel: +385 1 4590 147

www.hivevaluation.org