Subject: EU gender-based violence Survey released
From: "Elisa Nieto" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2024 11:21:57 +0200

Tähelepanu! Tegemist on välisvõrgust saabunud kirjaga.
Tundmatu saatja korral palume linke ja faile mitte avada.
Tähelepanu! Tegemist on välisvõrgust saabunud kirjaga.
Tundmatu saatja korral palume linke ja faile mitte avada.	Dear
colleagues,
 
Today, on the International Day for the Elimination of Violence against
Women, Eurostat, the EU Agency for Fundamental Rights (FRA) and the EU
Agency for Gender Equality (EIGE) have released a focus paper with key
findings from their joint EU gender-based violence survey. The survey
captures the experiences of almost 115,000 women from across the EU - the
biggest-ever EU survey on violence against women. The paper focuses on the
prevalence of various forms of violence against women in the EU, as well
as the consequences of violence and the victims’ contact with different
services that provide assistance to survivors of violence.
 
Eurostat Director for Social Statistics, Christine Wirtz, FRA’s Director,
Sirpa Rautio and EIGE Director, Carlien Scheele present and discuss the
survey findings at a press briefing in Brussels.
 
The focus paper is the first step in the FRA-EIGE communication campaign
on the EU gender-based violence survey. A dedicated campaign website has
been published as of today. It hosts key communications material,
including the joint Eurostat-FRA-EIGE press release (in all EU languages),
a video statement from the EIGE Director, a link to the survey data –
hosted on Eurostat’s website - and a link to FRA’s survey webpage. It also
features visuals with the focus paper’s main findings (available for
download), also available on EIGE’s website
 
Looking beyond this release, findings from the EU gender-based violence
survey will be discussed at EIGE’s Gender Equality Forum 2024 on 10 -11
December in different sessions.
 
In the second half of 2025, a detailed analysis of the data on both the
prevalence of violence and the consequences of violence will be presented
in a joint Eurostat-FRA-EIGE survey report. In that same year, in Quarter
1, EIGE will also present the EIGE Gender Equality Index 2024 Thematic
Focus report on gender-based violence.  
 
We would like to ask for your support in communicating the survey
results. As we aim to amplify the survey’s impact, please kindly share
with us any current or future initiative or event that you may be planning
around it. Our two colleagues in charge of stakeholder relations regarding
the survey will gladly collaborate with you throughout the process:
Eva-Esther Sobotka (FRA [email-masked]) and Elisa Nieto
(EIGE [email-masked])
 
We remain available for any questions or comments.
 
Best regards,
 
 <https://eige.europa.eu/> 	Elisa Nieto 	
SNE (Stakeholder relations)	
European Institute for Gender Equality	
Gedimino pr. 16, Vilnius, Lithuania	
Phone: &#43;370 5 2157439	
Mobile: 	
 <https://www.facebook.com/eige.europa.eu>
<https://www.instagram.com/eu_genderequality>
<https://www.youtube.com/@eige_eu>
<https://lt.linkedin.com/company/eige> 	

 
 
 <https://eige.europa.eu>  	Elisa Nieto 	
SNE (Stakeholder relations)	
European Institute for Gender Equality	
Gedimino pr. 16, Vilnius, Lithuania	
Phone: &#43;370 5 2157439	
Mobile: 	
 <https://www.facebook.com/eige.europa.eu>
<https://www.instagram.com/eu_genderequality>
<https://www.youtube.com/@eige_eu>
<https://lt.linkedin.com/company/eige>