Subject: (National Pension Service, the Republic of Korea) Request Survey on the national pension system.
From: <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2024 14:02:34 +0200

Tähelepanu! Tegemist on välisvõrgust saabunud kirjaga.
Tundmatu saatja korral palume linke ja faile mitte avada.

To whom it may concern:

We are the National Pension Service (NPS) of Korea. The NPS is a national 
social security agency responsible for Korea’s National Pension Scheme.

The NPS conducts periodical surveys on national pension systems of other 
countries in order to effectively cover foreign nationals residing in Korea 
under the provisions of the National Pension Act of Korea.

The Act prescribes that foreign nationals aged between 18 and 59 who work 
and reside in Korea shall be subject to (to the same extent as Korean 
nationals) the compulsory coverage of the National Pension program. Foreign 
nationals whose home countries do not mandate coverage for Koreans under 
their pension programs, however, are excluded from the compulsory coverage 
under the Korean National Pension Scheme.

In addition, a Lump-sum refund according to the provisions of the National 
Pension Act of Korea is paid to a foreign national only in the case where 
the foreign national’s home country grants a Korean national a benefit 
corresponding to a Lump-sum refund. Of course foreign nationals irrespective 
of their nationality are eligible for other benefits under the Korean 
National Pension program including Old-age Pensions, Disability Pensions and 
Survivor Pensions.

Keeping these facts in mind, we kindly ask you to complete the attached 
questionnaire on your Pension System in English until this December. Also, 
please send it back to us with any relevant materials (such as legislation, 
guidance documents etc.) to the following address or e-mail.

Center for International Affairs of the National Pension Service

Address: 6th Fl., 180 Giji-ro, Deokjin-gu, Jeonju-si, Jeonbuk-do, 54870, 
Republic of Korea

E-mail: [email-masked]

Your cooperation will greatly contribute to the enhancement of the rights of 
your nationals staying in Korea. If you have any questions about this, 
please contact me.

Thank you in advance for your assistance.

Sincerely,

Sook Young, Lee

Director General

Center for International Affairs

National Pension Service

Tel) +82 - 63-713-7122

E-mail: [email-masked]

  <https://mail.nps.or.kr:443/checkread/MjI4NTY3OA==/aW5mb0BzbS5lZQ==/> 
<https://mail.nps.or.kr:443/checkread/MjI4NTY3OA==/aW5mb0BzbS5lZQ==/>