Subject: Health Data Request - Harvard Thesis
From: "Laura Wegner" <[email-masked]>
To: "SM Info"
Date: Mon, 5 Aug 2024 21:18:07 +0300

Dear Ministry of Social Affairs,

I hope this message finds you well.

My name is Laura Sophie Wegner, and I am a senior at Harvard University, 
majoring in Economics and Computer Science. I am currently working on my 
Bachelor’s Thesis, which involves analyzing the impact of the Estonian 
e-health system on patient outcomes in Estonia.

My thesis advisors are renowned experts in the field:

*	David Cutler, former senior healthcare advisor to President Barack Obama 
and a professor at Harvard.
*	David Bates, a professor at Harvard Medical School and a leading innovator 
in Electronic Health Record systems.
*	Matthew Basilico, a resident doctor at Yale Medical School and a Harvard 
professor.

To support my research, I am seeking health data from Estonia covering the 
period from approximately 2004 to the present. Specifically, I am interested 
in data related to the prevalence of medical errors, hospital admission 
rates, life expectancy, and other relevant health metrics. While there is 
substantial public data available, I am looking for more granular data at 
the hospital and patient levels.

Could you please guide me on which departments or contacts I should reach 
out to for requesting such data? Any assistance or direction you could 
provide would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you very much for your time and help.

Best regards,

Laura Sophie Wegner