Subject: Request for Interview: Study on the Impact of Refugee Influx in Estonia
From: "Simone Grabner" <[email-masked]>
To: "SM Info"
Cc: "Ambre Maucorps" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Jul 2024 11:40:45 +0300

Dear Sir or Madam,

The Vienna Institute for International Economic Studies (wiiw), in 
collaboration with Spatial Foresight, t33, and the ÖIR, has been 
commissioned by the European Commission (DG REGIO) to conduct a study on 
recent crises – including the influx of refugees from Ukraine, the energy 
crisis, and the COVID-19 pandemic – as well as the EU's response measures 
introduced under Cohesion Policy. Further details can be found in the 
attached introductory letter.

As part of this study, we are conducting a case study on Estonia to analyse 
the impacts and challenges for authorities in connection with the influx of 
refugees from Ukraine. In this context, I would like to organize a short 
interview with you via phone or online (approximately 20 minutes) to gain 
insights into Estonia's experiences with refugees from Ukraine. The insights 
from this conversation will be incorporated into a report that will be 
published on the European Commission's website later this year.

Would you have time for a conversation this week?

If you have any questions about the study or the planned interview, please 
feel free to contact me.

I look forward to your response.

Kind regards,

-- 

Simone Maria Grabner

Wiener Institut für Internationale Wirtschaftsvergleiche (wiiw)

The Vienna Institute for International Economic Studies

Rahlgasse 3, 1060 Vienna

[email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]>

https://wiiw.ac.at/