Subject: WG: Horizon Europe project 'ASSESS-Digital Health Technologies' - Request for support
From: "Henschke, Cornelia, Dr." <[email-masked]>
To: "SM Info"
Cc: Rödiger, Hendrikje <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2024 15:23:38 +0300

Dear Sir or Madam,

I wanted to follow up on my previous e-mail and kindly ask, if it is 
possible to forward our request to the department or person responsible for 
health technology assessments of digital health technologies in your 
country.

Thank you so much for your time and efforts.

Best wishes,

Cornelia

____________________________________________
PD Dr. Cornelia Henschke

Dept. Health Care Management, Technische Universität Berlin
Berlin Centre for Health Economics Research (BerlinHECOR)
Straße des 17. Juni 135, H80 | 10623 Berlin | Germany
Phone: ++49-30-314-28703

Von: Henschke, Cornelia, Dr.
Gesendet: Freitag, 3. Mai 2024 12:05
An: [email-masked]
Cc: Rödiger, Hendrikje
Betreff: Horizon Europe project 'ASSESS-Digital Health Technologies' - 
Request for support

Dear Sir or Madam,

As you may know, the ‘ASSESS-DHT – Development and harmonisation of 
methodologies for assessing digital health technologies in Europe’ project – 
funded by the European Commission –has started its work at the beginning of 
this year. Further information can be found at the website of 
<https://assess-dht.eu/> ASSESS-DHT (https://assess-dht.eu/).

As one of the first work packages, the Berlin University of Technology (TUB) 
is in the process of reviewing frameworks/ guidance documents/ guidelines 
for the assessment of digital health technologies (DHT).

The intention is to identify assessment frameworks/guidelines/guidance for 
DHTs that categorise different DHTs into groups/levels/tiers based on 
certain criteria (risk, function …) in order to assign appropriate evidence 
standards. This may include also methodological guidance and evidence 
requirements/submission templates for assessing DHTs, including specific 
DHTs such as − but not limited to − eHealth, AI-based health technologies, 
digital health applications/m-health. However, documents relevant to the 
assessment of medical devices including DHTs may also fall within this 
scope.

To this end, TUB is asking INAHTA/EUnetHTA members to fill in a short 
questionnaire by 17th May 2024. Please complete the attached questionnaire 
or forward it to the appropriate person in your organization and return it 
to us. If you cannot answer all the questions, you are welcome to answer 
some of them. Based on the answers we might get back and ask for further 
clarifications.

ASSESS DHT is partnering with another EC funded project on DHT to engage 
with HTA agencies. In order to minimise efforts for HTA agencies, we will 
share frameworks and documents requested by us with 
<https://edihta-project.eu/> EDiHTA (European Digital Health Technology 
Assessment: https://edihta-project.eu/). Attached you can find the 
collaboration agreement of ASSESS DHT + EDiHTA.

Please note that in the last part of the questionnaire the Big Data Unit of 
the Andalusian public Progress and Health Foundation (Big Data-FPS) requests 
a nomination of an expert specialized in artificial intelligence (AI) from 
your agency to participate in an online Delphi Panel.

If you have any questions or need further information, please don’t hesitate 
to contact us.

Thank you in advance and all the best from Berlin,

Kind regards,

Cornelia

____________________________________________
PD Dr. Cornelia Henschke

Dept. Health Care Management, Technische Universität Berlin

Berlin Centre for Health Economics Research (BerlinHECOR)

Straße des 17. Juni 135, H80 | 10623 Berlin | Germany
Phone: ++49-30-314-28703