Subject: ☂️New webinar on 4 June & other news from the WHO Barcelona Office
From: "WHO Barcelona Office for Health Systems Financing" <[email-masked]>
To: "WHO Barcelona Office for Health Systems Financing" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 May 2024 16:06:31 +0300

The WHO Barcelona Office for Health Systems Financing cordially invites you 
to join our mailing list 
<https://confirmsubscription.com/h/d/0BA400B38F94A681> 
<https://confirmsubscription.com/h/d/0BA400B38F94A681>  for regular updates.

Please take a moment to fill out a very short form so that we can send you 
our newsletter.

Click <https://confirmsubscription.com/h/d/0BA400B38F94A681>  here to sign 
up for:
🌍 Insights on health financing in Europe and central Asia
📢 Information about events and publications
💥 Updates on UHC watch

We also invite you to take 
<https://ecconf.webex.com/weblink/register/r4159bdde153856953bc3bf8c4e99fcb1> 
part in the 
<https://ecconf.webex.com/weblink/register/r4159bdde153856953bc3bf8c4e99fcb1> 
☂️ 
<https://ecconf.webex.com/weblink/register/r4159bdde153856953bc3bf8c4e99fcb1> 
#EUHPP Live Webinar 
<https://ecconf.webex.com/weblink/register/r4159bdde153856953bc3bf8c4e99fcb1> 
on affordable access to health care in Europe on Tuesday 4 June, 10.00-12.00 
CEST

 Co-hosted by DG SANTE and the WHO Barcelona Office, the webinar will 
feature new evidence on financial protection in 40 countries, with a 
spotlight on Belgium, France and Spain.

We will highlight the policy choices that undermine financial protection, 
show what countries are doing to reduce financial hardship and address the 
following questions: Why do many countries fail to cover the whole 
population? How can counties mitigate the negative effects of co-payments? 
Can governments afford to pay for financial protection? Is private health 
insurance the answer?

Register 
<https://ecconf.webex.com/weblink/register/r4159bdde153856953bc3bf8c4e99fcb1> 
here for the webinar on 4 June

Speakers:

*

	Maya Matthews, DG SANTE
*

	Tamás Evetovits, WHO Barcelona Office
*

	Nicolas Bouckaert, Health Care Knowledge Centre (KCE), Belgium
*

	Damien Bricard, Institute for Research and Information in Health Economics 
(IRDES), France
*

	Rosa Urbanos-Garrido, Universidad Complutense Madrid, Spain
*

	Jon Cylus, WHO Barcelona Office
*

	Jorge Alejandro García Ramírez, WHO Barcelona Office
*

	Sarah Thomson, WHO Barcelona Office