Subject: FW: APPLY NOW | Observatory Venice Summer School 2024
From: "SM Info"
To: "SM Info"
Date: Fri, 5 Apr 2024 08:23:38 +0300

From: European Observatory on Health Systems and Policies
&lt;[email-masked]&gt; 
Sent: Thursday, April 4, 2024 5:39 PM
To: Katre Koppel &lt;[email-masked]&gt;
Subject: APPLY NOW | Observatory Venice Summer School 2024
 
Navigating the health workforce crisis (21-27 July 2024)

 

 
 
 <https://europeanobservatory.cmail20.com/t/d-l-eydhjkl-ikkyitgv-r/>  	
 	2024 EDITION
Applications now open
 
 <https://europeanobservatory.cmail20.com/t/d-l-eydhjkl-ikkyitgv-y/>
Navigating the health workforce crisis: health care innovations and
transformation
Venice, Italy, 21-27 July 2024   

 
The health workforce is a key concern for policy makers, striving to
maintain the capacity and improve the performance of their health systems.
They are in firefighting mode with shortages and medical deserts having an
increasing impact on access to and quality of services. A policy focus on
“keeping up the numbers”, however, is not good enough (and may be
unrealistic). 
Countries are therefore looking to new models of care and at harnessing
medical and technological innovations to transform their health systems so
that they can respond better to the demographic, social and environmental
realities of Europe. 
This course will address challenges, remedies for the current health
workforce crisis and strategies for adapting the health workforce to new
models of care, with modules including
*        Forecasting and planning for new models of care
*        Retaining and engaging health workers
*        Reactivating health workers that have left the sector
*        Making medical deserts bloom ➢ Reskilling the health workforce:
digital and AI
*        Reskilling the health workforce: green skills
*        Making teams and cross-sectoral collaboration work
*        Working with patients and informal carers
*        Future trends.
The Observatory Venice Summer School is a short, intensive course – a
week of learning, interacting and debating, and a chance to share
experiences with other policymakers, planners, and professional,
harnessing collaboration to navigate the workforce crisis.
 
Learn more about the Observatory Summer School
 
 <https://europeanobservatory.cmail20.com/t/d-l-eydhjkl-ikkyitgv-t/>  

 
Who is this course for?
Policy makers at national, regional, and local level, health workforce
regulators; programme leads at medical, nursing and allied health
professional schools; professional associations; and associations of
informal carers.	 	

The Summer School is organised by the European Observatory on Health
Systems and Policies, the Veneto Region of Italy, the European Commission
and the World Health Organization (WHO) and applies to the European
Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education. 
For more information and fees, visit the Summer School website at
www.theobservatorysummerschool.org and follow @OBSsummerschool on X

Application deadline: 31 May 2024	

 <https://europeanobservatory.cmail20.com/t/d-l-eydhjkl-ikkyitgv-x/>
<https://europeanobservatory.cmail20.com/t/d-l-eydhjkl-ikkyitgv-m/>
<https://europeanobservatory.cmail20.com/t/d-l-eydhjkl-ikkyitgv-c/>  	

 <https://europeanobservatory.cmail20.com/t/d-l-eydhjkl-ikkyitgv-q/>  	
   Share  	   Tweet  	   Share  	   Forward  	
	
The EUROPEAN OBSERVATORY ON HEALTH SYSTEMS AND POLICIES
supports and promotes evidence-based health policy-making through
comprehensive and rigorous analysis ​of the dynamics of health care
systems in Europe.
You received this newsletter bacause you are in the Observatory's mailing
list. 
If you wish to opt out, please click below:
Unsubscribe