Subject: Invitation to speak at the High Level Conference "Challenging Big Industry Narratives. Alcohol, Tobacco, Unhealthy Food and Drinks: Population Measures and Policies"
From: "Florence Berteletti" <[email-masked]>
To: "Riina Sikkut", "SM Info"
Cc: "'Anamaria Suciu'" <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 4 Apr 2024 18:38:08 +0300

Dear Minister Sikkut,

Re: Invitation to speak at the High Level Conference “Challenging Big
Industry Narratives. Alcohol, Tobacco, Unhealthy Food and Drinks:
Population Measures and Policies”
 
We are thrilled to announce the upcoming conference aimed at addressing
the pressing challenges of reducing non-communicable diseases (NCDs) by
effectively managing their main risk factors through population-level
measures and policies. This conference will serve as a vital platform for
policymakers, advocates, researchers, patients, youth, and health
practitioners to convene and collectively explore effective ways to
advance the NCDs prevention agenda.
 
The primary objective of the conference is to provide a collaborative
space for stakeholders to address the multifaceted issues surrounding NCDs
prevention. Key areas of focus include understanding successes in
population measures over the past decade, exchanging best practices in
advocacy for policies addressing the harm caused by alcohol, tobacco, and
unhealthy food and drinks, and confronting corporate lobbying tactics and
influence on health determinants (Commercial Determinants of Health) at
both EU and national levels.
 
The timing of this conference is particularly critical, given the upcoming
renewed EU mandate, the end of the Belgian Presidency of the Council of
the European Union, and upcoming 4th High-level Meeting of the United
Nations General Assembly on the Prevention and Control of on NCDs (2025).
It presents a unique opportunity for all attendees to contribute to
shaping future policy measures and initiatives.
Acknowledging the pivotal leadership role that ministers such as yourself
fulfil, it is with great honour that we extend this invitation for you to
deliver a keynote address during the opening session of our upcoming
conference. We are pleased to inform you that the following keynote
speakers will also be addressing the audience during this session: Dr.
Valentina Prevolnik Rupel, Minister of Health of the Republic of Slovenia,
Frank Vandebroucke, Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Social Affairs
and Public Health of Belgium, Dr Rüdiger Krech, Director of the Department
of Health Promotion at the World Health Organization and Sara Cerdas,
Member of the Group of the Progressive Alliance of Socialists and
Democrats in the European Parliament.
We trust that the conference will provide a platform to showcase your work
and promote the initiatives you and your colleagues are championing in the
realm of NCDs prevention. We sincerely hope you will accept our
invitation. 
 
We look forward to your response.       

Warm wishes,  

  	Florence Berteletti
The European Alcohol Policy Alliance (Eurocare)   
Secretary General 
Rue Archimede 17,   
1000 Brussels, Belgium  
Tel &#43;32 (0)496 12 43 02  
E-mail: [email-masked]  
Website: www.eurocare.org  
Website: www.awarh.eu  
Hashtag: #AlcoholRightToKnow