Subject: Invitation to High level Dialogue about Care, 14.03.2024 - CSW 68
From: "Leire Pajin Iraola" <[email-masked]>
To: "SM Info", "SOM Pressiesindajad", "Signe Riisalo"
Cc: "Anna Barrera" <[email-masked]>,Marta Castro Padrón <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2024 17:53:38 +0200

Distinguished Minister,
 
Please receive cordial greetings from the EU-LAC Foundation. 
 
Herewith we would like to extend a cordial invitation to participate in
the High-Level Dialogue “Foundations for a Bi-Regional Pact of Care
between Latin America, the Caribbean and the European Union”, which is
organised by the EU-LAC Foundation, ECLAC, UN Women, in partnership with
the National Institute of Women of Mexico, the Global Alliance for Care
and UNDP. This in-person event will take place on 14 March 2024 at
09:30-11:30 (EST) at the Instituto Cervantes in New York (211 East 49th
Street).
 
This dialogue’s objectives are to:
*   Offer a space for open dialogue between authorities from EU member
states and CELAC countries to disseminate the proposal and the contents
that a Bi-Regional Pact for Care could contain; 
*   Discuss ideas on how interested countries could accompany the process
to promote the Pact and achieve a stronger commitment to its
implementation vis-á-vis the CELAC-EU Summit to be held in Colombia in
2025 and the Regional Conference on Women of Latin America and the
Caribbean which will take place in Mexico; 
*   Listen to proposals of civil society, of international organisations
and alliances that can contribute to the Pact. 
Please find the invitation letter,  the concept note and the tentative
agenda in the attachment.
I would be grateful if you could confirm your participation until 20
February 2024 with  Dr Anna Barrera, Director of Programmes at the EU-LAC
Foundation ([email-masked]) and Marta Castro, consultant for
the EU-LAC Women's International Network ([email-masked]).
 
Kind regards, un saludo cordial, mit freundlichen Grüßen,

On behalf of the President | A nombre de la Presidenta

EU-LAC FOUNDATION | FUNDACIÓN EU-LAC
ABC Straße 2
20354 Hamburg
Germany
Phone: &#43;49 40 80 60 11 450
Website: www.eulacfoundation.org