Subject: Invitation Letter for the Diplomatic Briefing on the Economic Situation in Ukraine – January 13, 2025
From: "Institute for Economic Research and Policy Consulting \(IER\)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 9 Jan 2025 08:05:00 +0200

Tähelepanu! Tegemist on välisvõrgust saabunud kirjaga.
Tundmatu saatja korral palume linke ja faile mitte avada.

Dear Colleagues,

The Institute for Economic Research and Policy Consulting extends its warm 
greetings to you in the New Year of 2025 and expresses our sincere gratitude 
for your continued support of Ukraine during these challenging times.

We are pleased to invite you to our regular monthly "Diplomatic Briefing," 
where IER experts share their insights on the current economic situation in 
Ukraine and present the latest results of our business tendency survey.

The upcoming Diplomatic Briefing, focused on “Ukraine’s economic situation 
and challenges in December 2024”, will take place online via Zoom on January 
13, 2025, Monday, from 16:00 to 17:00 Kyiv time (9:00-10:00 EST / 
15:00-16:00 CEST).

In December, Ukraine received record financial aid from international 
partners. Another tranche from the EU under Ukraine Facility and from the 
IMF under EFF were a result of the execution of commitments and liabilities 
by Ukraine. Besides, Ukraine started receiving money within ERA loan 
facility, which profits from frozen russian assets would reimburse. 
Uncertainty remains high for 2025, and the ability to finance expenditures 
on time depends on the government’s adherence to its commitments to 
international partners. We currently estimate real GDP growth at about 3% in 
2025.

In December, consumer price inflation accelerated, which resulted in the 
increase of key rate by the NBU. At the same time, hryvnia exchange rate 
relative to USD remained rather stable as the NBU made substantial 
interventions to support hryvnia. Still, the NBU’s reserves exceeded USD 
43bn at the end of 2024.

The IER experts will discuss these and other recent economic trends 
(including trade developments, monetary policy, inflation, etc), challenges 
and outlook during the Briefing. Besides, more results of the IER business 
tendency survey, conducted in September, will be presented.

Speakers:

Oleksandra Betliy, macroeconomic, public finance, social and healthcare 
expert, IER Leading Research Fellow;

Vitaliy Kravchuk, macroeconomic, monetary policy and financial market 
expert, IER Leading Research Fellow;

Oksana Kuziakiv, IER Chief Executive, Head of the Center for Contemporary 
Society studies.

✅ English is a working language of the meeting.

We sincerely hope that you can honor us with your presence.

✅ Please, register for the participation in the Briefings 
https://forms.office.com/e/jcZuqWa2Bq

Diplomatic Briefings represent an exclusive initiative by the IER, 
thoughtfully tailored to cater to the needs of diplomatic institutions, 
government entities, and central banks of Ukraine’s international partners. 
We kindly request your discretion in refraining from sharing this invitation 
with individuals outside of your respective organizations.

Should you wish to extend this invitation to additional colleagues who would 
benefit from this discussion, we would appreciate if you would be so kind to 
provide us with their contact information.

The Institute for Economic Research and Policy Consulting (IER) is a 
well-known Ukrainian independent think tank established in 1999, focusing on 
economic research and policy consulting. The IER is a top Ukrainian think 
tank with internationally recognized expertise almost 20 years of experience 
in implementing projects on Ukraine's economic development funded by 
international donor organizations, i.e. SIDA, USAID, UNDP, World Bank Group 
and others. In 2017 Global Go To Think Tank Index Report the IER is one of 
the 140 Best Independent Think Tanks out of  6,500 surveyed, it is  49th in 
“Best Advocacy Campaign” category, 69th as best International Economics 
Think Tank and  86th best Think Tank in Central and Eastern Europe.  The IER 
has successfully implemented multiple international donors projects related 
to the field of reform implementation in Ukraine. The IER successfully 
combines professional analysis with active involvement in public dialogue 
and advocacy and actively cooperates with Ukrainian national and regional 
authorities in issues related to strategic planning and policy development 
as well as policy implementation. The IER has the capacity for grant 
management and provides re-granting for capacity development to regional 
civil society organizations and media. The IER financial standing has been 
secured through projects as well as private contributions.

__________________

Kind regards,

Igor Burakovsky,

IER Head of the Board