Subject: Joint letter: "Earmarking ETS revenues to deliver clean industrial competitiveness"
From: "Francesco Lombardi Stocchetti" <[email-masked]>
To: "RAM Info", <[email-masked]>
Cc: "RAM Info"
Date: Tue, 8 Oct 2024 10:20:05 +0300

Tähelepanu! Tegemist on välisvõrgust saabunud kirjaga.
Tundmatu saatja korral palume linke ja faile mitte avada.

Dear Minister of Finance of Estonia,

Dear Finance attaché of Estonia,

Ahead of the ECOFIN meeting on Tuesday 8th October, I write to you on
behalf of 16 Civil Society Organisations, cleantech innovators, investors,
industry associations, and researchers with a joint letter asking you to
earmark ETS revenues to deliver clean industrial competitiveness for
Europe.

While the EU is facing a financial gap to reach the Green Deal objectives,
ETS revenues can play a key role in filling this gap while at the same
time enhancing the EU’s global competitiveness in the manufacturing of
clean technologies and development of solutions to the climate crisis. The
better use of ETS revenues is also highlighted as a priority in Mario
Draghi’s recent report. We support his recommendation, putting forward
three additional considerations to make sure these revenues are
effectively spent while maintaining the European Green Deal’s objectives
at its core.

Kindly find the letter attached to this email.

We thank you very much in advance for your consideration and look forward
to discussing this further with you.

Best regards,

Francesco Lombardi on behalf of the 16 signatories (listed below)

Airborne Wind Europe

Bellona Europa

Carbon Gap

Clean Air Taskforce

Climate Strategy

Climeworks

ECCO

Environmental Coalition on Standards (ECOS)

Energy Tag

The Association of European Renewable Energy Research Centres (EUREC)

Institute for Climate Economics (I4CE)

Jaques Delors Energy Centre

Ocean Energy Europe

Solar Impulse Fundation

Tech for Net Zero

Transport and Environment (T&E)