Subject: Inquiry Regarding Public Procurement in Estonia
From: "Emilia Stiharu" <[email-masked]>
To: "RAM Info"
Date: Thu, 29 Feb 2024 11:47:29 +0200

Dear Sir/Madam,

I hope this message finds you well.

I am writing to you as an employee of the Ministry of Finance of the 
Republic of Moldova. Currently, I am conducting research on public 
procurement practices, particularly focusing on the Estonia's exemplary 
system, which serves as a potential source of inspiration for our country.

In this regard, I have some inquiries regarding significant aspects of 
large-scale public procurement contracts, such as the construction of 
bridges, highways, airports, and similar infrastructure projects, with 
durations exceeding 3 or 5 years.

1.1. 
Could you kindly provide information on whether the duration of these 
contracts is stipulated in national legislation? Moreover, I am interested 
in understanding the mechanisms for extending these terms, especially in 
cases where construction projects may necessitate more time than initially 
anticipated, due to various reasons.

2.2. 
In the event of the expiration of a contract term, could you clarify whether 
it is customary to extend the contract or initiate a new procurement 
procedure for the remaining works to be completed?

3.3. 
Additionally, I am seeking insights into the legal provisions governing the 
financing of public procurement contracts. Specifically, I am interested in 
understanding how the law addresses financing aspects, and whether contracts 
can be extended if their terms expire and are suspended. Furthermore, I 
would appreciate insights into the correlation between a contract and the 
commitment of the state budget.

I hope you can help me or direct to someone who has the capacity to respond.

Your expertise and guidance on these matters would be immensely valuable to 
our research efforts.

Thank you very much for considering my inquiries, and I eagerly await your 
response.

Cu respect,

Emilia Stiharu
Consultant, Direcția achiziții publice
Ministerul Finanțelor
Republica Moldova, mun. Chișinău,
str. Constantin Tănase 7, MD-2005
tel. +373 22 26 27 95

IMPORTANT / CONFIDENȚIAL: Acest mesaj conține informații care pot ﬁ 
conﬁdențiale și/sau exceptate de la divulgare în temeiul 
legii/reglementărilor în vigoare. Dacă nu sunteți destinatarul acestui 
mesaj, sunteți notiﬁcat prin prezenta că divulgarea, copierea, utilizarea 
sau distribuirea oricăror informații sau materiale transmise cu acest mesaj 
este strict interzisă. Dacă din greșeală recepționați acest mesaj, vă rugăm 
să-l remiteți imediat prin e-mail și să ștergeți mesajul și orice ﬁșier 
atașat acestuia