Subject: Fwd: Invitation to Media monitoring project Launch Event
From: "Olevs Nikers" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2024 16:10:45 +0200

Dear members of the Estonian government

Please consider participation in this media monitoring launch event in 
Tallinn, Viru Hotel this Friday at 1700, Room Duetto.

Please find more information below.

Sincerely yours

Olevs Nikers

www.balticsecurity.eu <http://www.balticsecurity.eu>

Dear Sir/Madam

We are excited to invite you to the launch of the Civic Resilience 
Initiative (CRI) and Baltic Security Foundation (BSF) Disinformation 
Monitoring Project, a pivotal step in our ongoing efforts to address 
disinformation in the Baltic States. As an esteemed partner, stakeholder, or 
expert in this field, we would be delighted to welcome you to this event 
during which we will present our plans for active disinformation monitoring 
as well as the initial results.

Date: February 2nd

Time: 17:00 – 20:00

Venue: Viru Hotel, Viru väljak 4, 10111 Tallinn, Estonia

The CRI/BSF Disinformation Monitoring Project aims to systematically analyze 
and combat the misuse of social media platforms and other communication 
channels for disinformation in the Baltic region. This initiative is crucial 
in today's landscape, where digital misinformation poses significant 
challenges to democratic processes and societal trust. During the event, we 
will present and introduce CRI's / BSF’s disinformation monitoring 
tool/platform, which will be available to journalists, diplomats, and civil 
society alike.

Highlights of the event include:

A keynote speech by Dr. Vladimir Sazonov, Professor of the University of 
Tartu and the Estonian Military Academy, discussing the current state of 
disinformation in the Baltics.

An introduction to the CRI’s/BSF’s disinformation monitoring project, 
outlining our methodologies, upcoming reports, and publication platforms.

Presentations on current findings in Lithuania, Latvia, and Estonia as well 
as broader trends.

Please find the detailed program attached for your reference. We kindly ask 
you to confirm your attendance by February 1st by filling out the 
registration form:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/11vig1KyuYDkmf9ljyvce-x4PCOI1fn1QTMN9EHX0BnI/edit

This event will serve as an excellent platform to network with key figures 
in the field, discuss strategies, and share insights on combating 
disinformation. We are looking forward to your participation in this 
important event and the collaborative efforts that will follow.

After the event, we will invite participants to enjoy wine and snacks 
together.

Warm regards,

CRI/BSF Team