Subject: Invitation (February 2): CRI and BSF Disinformation Monitoring Project launch event
From: "BALTIC SECURITY FOUNDATION" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2024 17:57:10 +0200

Dear Sir/Madam,

We are excited to invite you to the launch of the Civic Resilience 
Initiative (CRI) and Baltic Security
Foundation (BSF) Disinformation Monitoring Project, a pivotal step in our 
ongoing efforts to address
disinformation in the Baltic States. As an esteemed stakeholder in this 
field, we
would be delighted to welcome you to this event during which we will present 
our plans for active
disinformation monitoring as well as the initial results.

Date: February 2nd
Time: 17:00 – 20:00
Venue: Viru Hotel, Viru väljak 4, 10111 Tallinn, Estonia

The CRI/BSF Disinformation Monitoring Project aims to systematically analyze 
and combat the misuse of
social media platforms and other communication channels for disinformation 
in the Baltic region. This
initiative is crucial in today's landscape, where digital misinformation 
poses significant challenges to
democratic processes and societal trust. During the event, we will present 
and introduce CRI's / BSF’s
disinformation monitoring tool/platform, which will be available to 
journalists, diplomats, and civil
society alike.

Highlights of the event include:

A keynote speech by Dr. Vladimir Sazonov, Professor of the University of 
Tartu and the Estonian Military
Academy, discussing the current state of disinformation in the Baltics.

An introduction to the CRI’s/BSF’s disinformation monitoring project, 
outlining our methodologies,
upcoming reports, and publication platforms.

Presentations on current findings in Lithuania, Latvia, and Estonia as well 
as broader trends.

Please find the detailed program attached for your reference. We kindly ask 
you to confirm your
attendance by February 1st by filling out the registration form:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/11vig1KyuYDkmf9ljyvce-x4PCOI1fn1QTMN9EHX0BnI/edit

This event will serve as an excellent platform to network with key figures 
in the field, discuss strategies
and share insights on combating disinformation. We are looking forward to 
your participation in this
important event and the collaborative efforts that will follow.

After the event, we will invite participants to enjoy refreshments together.

Warm regards,
CRI/BSF Team