Subject: Decent work and responsible event hosting in women’s sport: A dialogue on the occasion of the Women’s Euro 2025
From: "ILO-BIT-OIT" <[email-masked]>
To: "ILO-BIT-OIT" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2025 17:16:45 +0300

Tähelepanu! Tegemist on välisvõrgust saabunud kirjaga.
Tundmatu saatja korral palume linke ja faile mitte avada.

INTERNATIONAL LABOUR OFFICE

NOTE VERBALE
Ref.: ILO/RELOFF/26-06-2025/22

Decent work and responsible event hosting in women’s sport: A dialogue on
the occasion of the Women’s Euro 2025

The International Labour Office presents its compliments to the Permanent
Missions of ILO Member States and has the honour to invite them to a
half-day informal dialogue entitled Decent work and responsible event
hosting in women’s sport: A dialogue on the occasion of the Women’s Euro
2025. This event, which the ILO is organising in collaboration with the
Swiss Department for Foreign Affairs, the Office of the High Commissioner
for Human Rights and the Centre for Sport and Human Rights, will be held
on Wednesday, 16 July 2025, from 13:00 to 18:00, at ILO headquarters,

This dialogue coincides with the 2025 UEFA European Women's Championship
taking place in Switzerland from 2 to 27 July 2025. It aims to examine
promising practices and emerging opportunities to improve conditions of
work in women’s sport, including identifying and mitigating risks in the
organisation of major international competitions, and advancements made in
professional leagues. Bringing together a wide array of actors, the event
will explore how to ensure lasting improvements in decent work and
responsible hosting in women’s sport. While the event will focus on
football, it will also include representations from other women’s sport
disciplines.

The event will be open to Governments of ILO Member States, Employers and
Workers organisations as well as sport and football associations,
professional women’s leagues, player associations, sport governing bodies
and civil society.

Geneva-based government representatives are invited to participate
in-person (Auditorium, R2 South), and those wishing to attend remotely
will be able to follow the event live via Zoom. All participants should
register by Wednesday, 9 July 2025 using the
<https://forms.monday.com/forms/3bd945eae5a9787e9cb2c7fd71c21a5a?r=use1>
on-line form.

A draft agenda of the event is attached to this communication.
Simultaneous interpretation will be provided in English, French and
Spanish. Further information about the event can be found on the event’s
<https://www.sporthumanrights.org/events/decent-work-responsible-event-hos
ting-in-women-s-sport> website.

The International Labour Office avails itself of this opportunity to renew
to the Permanent Missions of ILO Member States the assurances of its
highest consideration.

PLEASE DO NOT REPLY TO THIS EMAIL.

-----------------------------------------
This electronic message may contain confidential, proprietary or
privileged information intended solely for the use of the named recipient.
The ILO is not liable for any error or virus connected with this
transmission.
-----------------------------------------
Ce message électronique peut contenir des informations confidentielles, ou
spécialement protégées, à la seule intention du destinataire. L'OIT ne
peut être tenue responsable des erreurs ou des virus qui s'y trouveraient.

-----------------------------------------
Este mensaje electrónico puede contener información confidencial o
especialmente protegida para el uso exclusivo del destinatario indicado.
La OIT no se responsabiliza en caso de error o virus.
-----------------------------------------