Subject: ILC.114 - Report for item VII(1) on the agenda: Withdrawal of Convention No. 83
From: "ILO-BIT-OIT" <[email-masked]>
To: "ILO-BIT-OIT" <[email-masked]>
Cc: "JUR, OFFICE" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2025 13:27:32 +0200

Tähelepanu! Tegemist on välisvõrgust saabunud kirjaga.
Tundmatu saatja korral palume linke ja faile mitte avada.

Tähelepanu! Tegemist on välisvõrgust saabunud kirjaga.
Tundmatu saatja korral palume linke ja faile mitte avada.

International Labour Office

Note Verbale

Ref.: CR 10.001 (29-11-2024)

ILC.114 - Report for item VII(1) on the agenda: Withdrawal of Convention No. 
83

The International Labour Office presents its compliments to the Governments 
of Member States of the International Labour Organization (ILO) and has the 
honour to refer them to report VII(1): Withdrawal of the Labour Standards 
(Non-Metropolitan Territories) Convention, 1947 (No. 83), prepared for the 
114th Session (2026) of the International Labour Conference, which was 
published on the ILO’s website on 29 November 2024.

This report is available on the 
<https://www.ilo.org/resource/conference-paper/ilc/ilc114/withdrawal-labour-standards-non-metropolitan-territories-convention-1947-no> 
ILO website in Arabic, Chinese, English, French, German, Russian and 
Spanish.

The attention of Member States is drawn to the questionnaire included in the 
report which, under article 52, paragraph 1, of the 
<https://normlex.ilo.org/dyn/nrmlx_en/f?p=1000:62:0::NO:62:P62_LIST_ENTRIE_ID:3088520:NO> 
Standing Orders of the International Labour Conference, requires a reply 
from Governments in respect of the withdrawal of the instrument in question, 
after consultation with the most representative national organizations of 
employers and workers. The replies to this questionnaire are important, as 
they will constitute the basis for the preparation of the final Office 
report to the 114th Session (2026) of the Conference.

Governments are encouraged, where possible, to download the questionnaire in 
electronic format, which is available on the abovementioned website, and to 
submit their replies to the Office of the Legal Adviser ( 
<mailto:[email-masked]> [email-masked]) no later than 30 November 2025.

The International Labour Office avails itself of this opportunity to renew 
to the Governments of Member States of the ILO the assurances of its highest 
consideration.

PLEASE DO NOT REPLY TO THIS EMAIL.

----------------------------------------- 
This electronic message may contain confidential, proprietary or privileged 
information intended solely for the use of the named recipient. The ILO is 
not liable for any error or virus connected with this transmission.
----------------------------------------- 
Ce message électronique peut contenir des informations confidentielles, ou 
spécialement protégées, à la seule intention du destinataire. L'OIT ne peut 
être tenue responsable des erreurs ou des virus qui s'y trouveraient.
----------------------------------------- 
Este mensaje electrónico puede contener información confidencial o 
especialmente protegida para el uso exclusivo del destinatario indicado. La 
OIT no se responsabiliza en caso de error o virus.
-----------------------------------------