Subject: Invitation to a preparatory session for governments on the fifth meeting of the Special Tripartite Committee (STC) of the Maritime Labour Convention, 2006, as amended (MLC, 2006)
From: "ILO-BIT-OIT" <[email-masked]>
To: "ILO-BIT-OIT" <[email-masked]>
Cc: "MLCSTC" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2025 17:28:53 +0200

Tähelepanu! Tegemist on välisvõrgust saabunud kirjaga.
Tundmatu saatja korral palume linke ja faile mitte avada.

Tähelepanu! Tegemist on välisvõrgust saabunud kirjaga.
Tundmatu saatja korral palume linke ja faile mitte avada.

INTERNATIONAL LABOUR OFFICE

NOTE VERBALE

Ref.: ILO/RELOFF/20-02-2025/6

Invitation to a preparatory session for governments on the fifth meeting of 
the Special Tripartite Committee (STC) of the Maritime Labour Convention, 
2006, as amended (MLC, 2006)

(Geneva and online, 5-6 March 2025)

The International Labour Office presents its compliments to the Member 
States of the International Labour Organization (ILO) and has the honour to 
invite their representatives to a preparatory session for Governments on the 
fifth meeting of the Special Tripartite Committee (STC) of the Maritime 
Labour Convention, 2006 as amended (MLC, 2006). This session will be held in 
a hybrid format from 1 to 3 p.m. CET on 5 and 6 March 2025.

The agenda is as follows:

5 March

Introductory remarks: Ms Corinne Vargha, Director of the International 
Labour Standards Department

Exchange of information on the proposed amendments to the Code of the MLC, 
2006

*	Questions and answers session with the Seafarers’ and Shipowners’ 
Vice-Chairpersons

-          General informal exchange between governments on the functioning 
of the Government group and the proposed amendments to the Code of the MLC, 
2006

6 March

Exchange of information on the proposed amendments to the Code of the MLC, 
2006

-          General informal exchange between governments on the proposed 
amendments to the Code of the MLC, 2006 (cont.)

Next steps

Government representatives (and advisers) wishing to participate in this 
preparatory session may do so by attending the meeting in Room II at the ILO 
headquarters in Geneva or by joining the Zoom meeting, for which you will 
need to register through the following link:

 <https://ilo-org.zoom.us/meeting/register/JWEH7XZ8R3Wk31cIwxjukg#/registration> 
https://ilo-org.zoom.us/meeting/register/JWEH7XZ8R3Wk31cIwxjukg#/registration

Interpretation services will be provided in English, French and Spanish.

Further information on the fifth meeting of the STC is available on the 
meeting 
<https://www.ilo.org/meetings-and-events/fifth-meeting-special-tripartite-committee-established-under-maritime> 
webpage, including the text of the proposals for amendments to the Code of 
the MLC, 2006 and instructions for accreditation to the meeting. 
Representatives of Member States of the ILO are kindly requested to note 
that the online accreditation platform will be open from 20 February 2025.

The International Labour Office avails itself of this opportunity to renew 
to the Member States of the ILO the assurances of its highest consideration.

PLEASE DO NOT REPLY TO THIS EMAIL.

----------------------------------------- 
This electronic message may contain confidential, proprietary or privileged 
information intended solely for the use of the named recipient. The ILO is 
not liable for any error or virus connected with this transmission.
----------------------------------------- 
Ce message électronique peut contenir des informations confidentielles, ou 
spécialement protégées, à la seule intention du destinataire. L'OIT ne peut 
être tenue responsable des erreurs ou des virus qui s'y trouveraient.
----------------------------------------- 
Este mensaje electrónico puede contener información confidencial o 
especialmente protegida para el uso exclusivo del destinatario indicado. La 
OIT no se responsabiliza en caso de error o virus.
-----------------------------------------