Subject: Enquiry Arbeit und Leben Hamburg
From: <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Aug 2024 20:36:52 +0300

Tähelepanu! Tegemist on välisvõrgust saabunud kirjaga.
Tundmatu saatja korral palume linke ja faile mitte avada.

Dear Ladies and Gentlemen,

I am working as freelancer for Arbeit und Leben in Hamburg/Germany, a youth 
and adult political education institution, supported by the German 
Federation of Trade Unions and the German Associations of Adult Education. 
Attached you will find some more Information about Arbeit und Leben.

I am planning an educational leave (Bildungsurlaub) in Tallinn this year 
from 16.to 20. September. Please excuse that I write so late.

We are 16 people altogether. They are adult employees, who are interesting 
in political and historical matters. The seminar will deal with the 
political situation in Estonia today especially under the impression of the 
Russian attack against Ukraine and the threat to the Baltic countries. We 
are interested in the political ideas of Estonia. So, I want to ask you, if 
it could be possible that you will provide us an insight into Estonia's 
vaunted digitalisation policy. The best day for us is Friday the 20.9.2024. 
I would be obliged if could arrange a meeting!

Other topics of the seminar will be the historical situation in Estonia 
under German occupation and Russian power. In addition, we will learn about 
the life of the Jewish community in Tallinn before World War II and today

I really hope that I do not attack you with my requests.

It will be very kind if you can support us.

Thank you very much!

Yours sincerely

Michael Grill

ARBEIT UND LEBEN:
Working toward a democratic culture of citizen participation

 <http://www.arbeitundleben.de/html/ueber-uns/profil/profil_de.htm> ARBEIT 
UND LEBEN: Für eine demokratische Kultur der Partizipation:
 <http://www.arbeitundleben.de/html/ueber-uns/profil/profil_fr.htm> ARBEIT 
UND LEBEN: Pour une culture démocratique de la participation

  _____

We are a youth and adult political education institution that is supported 
by the German Federation of Trade Unions and the German Associations of 
Adult Education.

It was the common will of both partners to improve the standing of further 
education for workers and employees in society and at the workplace and to 
support the democratic reconstruction after 1945.

With its regional organisations in each of the federal states and 
approximately 150 local and regional institutions organised together under 
the umbrella of the national committee, ARBEIT UND LEBEN (WORK AND LIFE) is 
present nationwide and reaches approximately 300 000 youth and adults each 
year.

The national committee looks after the political interests of advancing 
further education for ARBEIT UND LEBEN at the national level, is active in 
politically promoting the interests of its members, and offers its expertise 
in generating a fresh impetus to political education through innovative 
projects nationwide.

We want to contribute to organising WORK and LIFE according to the premises 
of social justice, equal opportunity, and solidarity with the aim of 
creating a democratic culture of participation.

Through our educational offers, we want to create opportunities to impart 
knowledge to people, to promote critical thinking in forming opinions and in 
decision-making, and to foster social participation.

Didactically and methodologically our work focuses on people’s interests as 
well as on their everyday life and living conditions. Our educational offers 
are directed toward the following groups:

*	employees
*	trainees
*	unemployed persons
*	migrants
*	senior citizens
*	youth and young adults
*	works councils and workplace representatives

We also address youth and adults who are considered to be educationally 
disadvantaged because of their specific living and working conditions. Our 
courses and activities are open to all interested persons.

We organise and accompany learning processes through workshops, seminars, 
international meetings, local initiatives and projects that focus on the 
following topics:

*	work and education
*	economy and social development
*	migration and integration
*	communication and the media
*	civil society and politics
*	co-determination and participation
*	European development processes
*	globalisation and sustainability

We also develop and offer additional formats and topics in collaboration 
with groups and cooperation partners.

We improve our work through a continual process of revision, adaptation, and 
quality development through activities designed to assure quality management 
in education.

Gender-mainstreaming is implemented in the planning and realisation and in 
structuring the work, organisation and personnel development activities.

We are dedicated to maintaining and expanding political education at the 
national, federal state and local levels and to ensuring that all people 
have access to further education. To do so, all employees must have the 
right to an educational work leave.

We cooperate

*	in the Bundesausschuss Politische Bildung – bap
(National Committee for Political Education)
*	in the Gemeinsame Initiative der Träger der außerschulischen politischen 
Jugendbildung – GEMINI
(Joint Initiative of Providers of Political Education for Youth)
*	in the working groups of the Federal Ministry for
Family, Senior Citizens, Women and Youth
*	in the Round Table of the Bundeszentrale für politische Bildung - bpb
(National Agency for Civic Education)
*	in the Konzertierte Aktion Weiterbildung – KAW
(Concerted Action for Further Education)
*	in the Deutsches Institut für Erwachsenenbildung – DIE
(German Institute for Adult Education)
*	on the editorial board of Praxis Politische Bildung – PPB (Practice 
Political Education)
*	in the Bundesarbeitsgemeinschaft der Senioren-Organisationen – BAGSO 
(German National Association of Senior Citizens’ Organisations)
*	in European networks
*	on the advisory board of the Deutsch-Französisches Jugendwerk – DFJW 
(German-French Youth Office)
*	in the Internationaler Jugendaustausch- und Besucherdienst – IJAB 
(International Youth Exchange and Visitors’ Service)
*	in the European Association for Adult Education - EAEA