Subject: FW: AmCham Estonia Digital Resilience Position Paper
From: "MKM info" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Jul 2024 15:57:47 +0300

From: Sandra Särav - MKM <[email-masked]>
Sent: Monday, July 22, 2024 2:54 PM
To: info - MKM <[email-masked]>
Subject: FW: AmCham Estonia Digital Resilience Position Paper

From: Daria Sivovol <[email-masked]>
Sent: Tuesday, July 2, 2024 4:25 PM
To: Erik Janson - MKM <[email-masked]>; Tiit Riisalo - MKM 
<[email-masked]>; Sandra Särav - MKM <[email-masked]>
Cc: Tiina Rüütel <[email-masked]>
Subject: AmCham Estonia Digital Resilience Position Paper

Tähelepanu! Tegemist on välisvõrgust saabunud kirjaga.
Tundmatu saatja korral palume linke ja faile mitte avada.

Dear Minister Riisalo, Sandra and Erik:

Greetings from AmCham Estonia!

Hereby, I am sending you the latest position paper that has been published 
by the AmCham Digital Society Committee. 
<https://amcham.ee/committees/digital-society-committee/>

Please find the document attached to this message.

Our committee strongly believes that digital technologies have the potential 
to solve some of society’s most difficult challenges, such as climate change 
and healthcare, and foster the birth, development and growth of new ventures 
that will create and finance the future of Estonia.

As a Digital Frontrunner, Estonia has a good chance to reap the benefits of 
digitization, however, it requires that Estonia continues to drive an 
ambitious national agenda on digitization, innovation and entrepreneurship. 
But since Estonia is a small and export driven country, its success largely 
also depends on the EU’s ability to develop a positive policy agenda that 
promotes open economy,

We urge Estonia to continue to use its role as a digital leader and soft 
power to push for a positive EU agenda following elections this year, 
including by working closely with partners and like-minded countries. This 
could be done via initiatives such as the declaration that Prime Minister 
Kallas signed and initiatives that seek to deepen the positive outlook in a 
more digital context for example led by Minister Riisalo.

We stand ready to discuss this further this coming fall season and welcome 
any questions or comments.

With best regards,

Daria

Daria Sivovol
CEO
---------------------------------------------------
American Chamber of Commerce Estonia
Tallinn Business Center, Harju 6, 10130
Tallinn, Estonia
Tel.: +372 6 310 522
Mob. +372 5341 5576
Fax.: + 372 6 310 521
www.amcham.ee <http://www.amcham.ee>