Subject: Visit request from Taiwan delegation (Estonia Ministry of Economic Affairs and Communications)
From: "Justin Wang" <[email-masked]>
To: "Kristi Hunt"
Cc: Indrek Õnnik, "Laura Laaster", "Rauna Paula Runnel", <[email-masked]>,田宜加 <[email-masked]>, "EVA CHANG" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2024 04:53:53 +0300

Dear Ms. Hunt,

My name is Justin Wang with the Chung-Hua Institution for Economic Research 
in Taiwan.
My institution is currently assisting the Taiwan government in organizing a 
visit to Tallinn, Estonia.
The purpose of the visit is to learn about Estonia’s approach and 
implementation on green transition, and apply learned knowledge into 
formulating Taiwan’s policy and framework.

In recent years, Estonia has become the leading country in digital 
transition, and a model example for Taiwan as well.
But we are also very keen to learn about how Estonia deal with green 
transition in combination with the digital transition.
I believe there is a term coined “twin transition” to specifically address 
this topic.
During my research, I came across the ministry’s program of Green Digital 
Analysis where you conducted a research on how to reduce environmental 
footprint of ICT in public sector.
This is a very interesting topic and I think the ministry’s effort and 
accomplishment can be of great benefit to Taiwan.

Would it be possible for the delegation to visit the Ministry of Economic 
Affairs and Communications and learn about the Ministry’s policy and 
approach towards “twin transition?”
The delegation will consist of about 45 high-level senior officials from 
various central and local government agencies in Taiwan.
We are planning to visit Estonia in the first week of September, from 
9/2-9/3.
It would be an honor for the delegation to visit your esteemed ministry.
Please kindly let me know if a visit is possible, and we can discuss the 
date more in detail.

Thank you, and I look forward to hear from you.

Best regards,

Justin Wang

Associate Researcher
Chung-Hua Institution for Economic Research
The Center for Green Economy
No. 75 Chang-Hsing Street
Daan District, Taipei, Taiwan 106
http://www.ciercge.org.tw/
Tel: +886 2-2735-6006 ext 5361
Fax: +886 2-2739-0610
Email: [email-masked]