Subject: Ukraine_Ministry of Culture_regarding the establishment of Culture Resilience Alliance
From: <[email-masked]>
To: "KUM min"
Cc: <[email-masked]>,Märt Volmer
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2025 17:44:53 +0300

Dear colleagues,

We are very grateful for your valuable contributions provided to the
discussions with the participants of the “Ukraine Culture Conference:
Cooperation for Resilience”, held in Uzhhorod on 1-2 February, 2025. And
we highly appreciate the decision of Estonia to join the Declaration on
Strengthening Cultural Sector Resilience in Ukraine, adopted on 1
February 2025.

Мinistry of Culture and Strategic Communications of Ukraine continues
its work to enhance the resilience of the cultural sector. The first
Strategy for Culture_2025-2030 was adopted as a governmental decree on
28 March 2025 (please, see Annex).

In continuation of the cooperation initiated in Uzhhorod, the Ministry
is also launching the Culture Resilience Alliance — an international
cooperation platform initiated and coordinated by Ukraine, bringing
together governments, international organisations, donor institutions,
and civil society to support culture as a driver of resilience,
recovery, and peacebuilding in times of war and post-crisis
transformation.

The Culture Resilience Alliance planned to be founded on the principles
of solidarity, cultural diversity, and shared responsibility, and should
be guided by six strategic focus areas, including:

Monitoring, assessment, and documentation of damage to cultural heritage
in Ukraine.
Preventive and urgent measures, repairs, reconstruction, and recovery of
cultural heritage.
Revival of institutional capacity of cultural institutions and cultural
education.
Strengthening cultural and creative industries of Ukraine.
Strengthening resilience through culture by integrating it into
recovery, infrastructure community development, social cohesion, and
economic growth.
Digital transformation of cultural heritage management: creation of
registries, digital infrastructure, integration with international
databases.

Please find attached the Draft Concept of the Culture Resilience
Alliance and its Manifesto, which outlines the strategic priorities and
commitment of the founding signatories.

We also plan to formally announce the launch of the Culture Resilience
Alliance during the Ukraine Recovery Conference in Rome on 10 July 2025.

We would be grateful to receive your feedback and indication of interest
in supporting or joining these initiatives by 5 July 2025.

Annex:
Draft Concept of the Culture Resilience Alliance on 3 pages.
Manifesto on establishment of the Culture Resilience Alliance on 2
pages.
Strategy for the Development of Culture in Ukraine 2025-2030 on 40
pages.
Implementation plan the Strategy, оn 46 pages.

Sincerely yours,
Galyna GRYGORENKO
________________________________
First Deputy Minister of Culture
and Strategic Communications of Ukraine

For technical and coordination-related inquiries, please contact:
Maryna KULINICH
Director of the Department for Strategic Planning and Investment
Development
Ministry of Culture and Strategic Communications of Ukraine
[email-masked]