Subject: Request for a visit to the Ministry of Justice and Digital Affairs with a student excursion group from the University of Augsburg
From: Niklas Völkening <[email-masked]>
To: "Justiits- ja Digiministeerium" <[email-masked]>, "press - JUSTDIGI" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2025 17:52:42 +0300

Tähelepanu! Tegemist on välisvõrgust saabunud kirjaga.
Tundmatu saatja korral palume linke ja faile mitte avada.

Dear Sir or Madam,

the Institute of Geography at the University of Augsburg will conduct a 
student excursion to Estonia from August 11-20, 2025, with 24 geography 
students (advanced bachelor's and teacher training programs) under the 
direction of Dr. Andreas Benz and Dr. Niklas Völkening. During the current 
summer semester of 2025, the students intensively prepared for the excursion 
in a weekly preparatory seminar. They studied various aspects of Estonian 
history, economy, politics, and culture, as well as Estonia's natural 
environment and regional studies.

Estonia's economic and digital transformation since its second independence 
was also addressed. The strategies on digitalisation pursued by the Estonian 
government are of particular importance in this context. We would therefore 
be delighted to have the opportunity to visit the Ministry of Justice and 
Digital Affairs in Tallinn with our excursion group to learn more about its 
programmes and strategies in the context of Estonia's remarkable successes 
regarding digitalisation and especially digital government services. 
Unfortunately, this would only be possible on Tuesday, August 12, 2025. On 
this day, we are flexible concerning the exact time - everything between 
8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. would be fine for us. I would be delighted if a 
visit to the Ministry of Justice and Digital Affairs with our excursion 
group were possible, and I look forward to your reply.

In case you need further information about us or our excursion programme, 
please feel free to contact me anytime.

Sincerely,
Niklas Völkening
-- 

Dr. Niklas Völkening
Lehrstuhl für Humangeographie & Transformationsforschung
Universität Augsburg
Alter Postweg 118
86159 Augsburg

Tel.: +49 (0) 821 598 2763

Researchgate: researchgate.net/profile/Niklas-Voelkening 
<http://researchgate.net/profile/Niklas-Voelkening>
ORCiD: orcid.org/0000-0002-5935-7317 <http://orcid.org/0000-0002-5935-7317>