Subject: Request for Clarification Regarding the Enforcement of a Latvian Court Decision in Estonia
From: "Juridiska Prakse" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2025 11:15:17 +0300

Tähelepanu! Tegemist on välisvõrgust saabunud kirjaga.
Tundmatu saatja korral palume linke ja faile mitte avada.

Dear Sir or Madam,

I am writing to request information and guidance regarding the enforcement 
of a decision issued by the Zemgale District Court of the Republic of Latvia 
on March 10, 2022, in case No. 3-12/04076-22/51. This decision concerns a 
non-contentious enforcement of an obligation for debt recovery in the amount 
of EUR 4,050.00.

Based on credible information, the debtor’s financial assets are likely held 
in bank accounts in Swedbank and SEB Bank in Estonia. However, due to 
jurisdictional limitations, the Latvian bailiffs are unable to enforce the 
recovery of funds located in Estonia.

In light of this, I kindly request clarification on the following:

1.      What is the applicable procedure to have the aforementioned Latvian 
court decision recognized and enforced in Estonia?

2.      Which competent authority or court in Estonia should I contact to 
initiate this procedure?

3.      Are there specific documentation or translation requirements for 
submitting a request for enforcement of a Latvian court decision in Estonia?

4.      Is it possible to directly involve an Estonian bailiff (Kohtutäitur) 
for this purpose, and if so, under what conditions?

I would greatly appreciate any official guidance or references to applicable 
Estonian or European Union regulations that govern such cross-border 
enforcement of court decisions.

Thank you in advance for your attention and assistance in this matter.

Sincerely,

Dmitrijs Pogrebnojs