Subject: Circular / Circulaire No 25(25): Convocation of the Working Group on the Study relating to Institutions Analogous to Trusts
From: "HCCH" <[email-masked]>
To: "Justiitsministeerium"
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2025 11:46:04 +0200

Version française ci-après 
Versión en español abajo 

 
 
 a 
 
Convocation of the Working Group on the Study relating to Institutions
Analogous to Trusts
 
HCCH 2025 Focused Circular No 25

The Secretary General

To all Members of the HCCH,

I am pleased to convoke the Working Group to review and finalise the
Report of the Study on Institutions Analogous to Trusts for a meeting to
take place from Tuesday 6 to Thursday 8 May 2025.

This meeting is convoked pursuant to Conclusions and Decisions (C&amp;D)
Nos 70 to 72 of CGAP 2025, which read as follows:

70.      CGAP welcomed the report of the study on the application and
interpretation of Article 2 of the Trusts Convention and on the
institutions analogous to trusts. CGAP thanked the Society of Trust and
Estate Practitioners (STEP) and the experts who have contributed to this
work in close cooperation with the PB.

71.      CGAP mandated the establishment of a WG to review and complete
the study on the application and interpretation of Article 2 of the 1985
Trusts Convention and on the institutions analogous to trusts, having due
regard to any possible implications on non-Contracting Parties, and
subject to available resources. The WG would meet online with a view to
producing a draft for the comments of the Members in mid-2025. Members
would be provided with a two-month period for comments, after which the
draft would be iterated and finalised by the WG. The finalised draft would
be recirculated to Members for approval. In the absence of any objection
within one month, the finalised draft would be taken to be approved and be
published. In the case of one or more objections, the PB would immediately
notify Members of any objection and the document would be submitted to
CGAP 2026.

72.      The PB will report to CGAP 2026, including on the desirability
and feasibility of producing an online database to accompany the
publication.

The meeting will be held online via Microsoft Teams. Please note that the
exact time schedule for the meeting will be confirmed following the
designation of delegates to allow for equitable consideration of time
zones. The meeting will be conducted in English and no simultaneous
interpretation will be provided.

Members are invited to designate their respective delegate(s) by sending
an e-mail to [email-masked] before Friday 18 April 2025, 5.00 p.m.
(CEST). Please include the name(s), function(s) and e-mail address(es) of
the delegate(s) in the e-mail. The following subject line should head the
e-mail, “Trusts – Working Group Designation – [name of HCCH Member]”.

When designating their delegate(s), Members are invited to take into
consideration the following: 
*   Due to the online format of the meeting, the maximum number of experts
per Member is not limited. However, a limit may have to be considered if
the number of online experts designated differs substantially across
Members, bearing in mind appropriate representation across geographic
regions.
*   With a view to ensuring continuity and efficient working practices,
designations are to be made once, for the entire span of the WG
activities, comprising the abovementioned meeting and any future meetings.

*   Only Members that are eligible to participate in WGs according to the
regulatory framework of the HCCH may designate participants.
The draft agenda of the meeting of the WG will be circulated in due
course.

The second meeting of the WG is tentatively scheduled to take place online
from Monday 6 to Wednesday 8 October 2025. Designated members of the WG
will receive confirmation and further information about the second meeting
in due course.

Finally, pursuant to Rule II.B and II.J of the HCCH Rules of Procedure,
the PB informs Members that it intends to invite, as Observers to the
meeting, the following international and non-governmental organisations:
African Institute of International Law (AIIL); American Association of
Private International Law (ASADIP); Asian Academy of International Law
(AAIL); Australasian Association of Private International Law (AAPrIL);
Council of the Notariats of the European Union (CNUE); European
Association of Private International Law (EAPIL); European Law Institute
(ELI); International Bar Association (IBA); and the Society of Trust and
Estate Practitioners (STEP).

With my colleagues, I look forward to the first meeting of this WG.

Yours sincerely,

Christophe Bernasconi

THE HAGUE, 18 March 2025

To the National and Contact Organs of the Members
To the Diplomatic Missions of the Members

  ________________________________  

 
 
 a 

 Convocation du Groupe de travail sur l’étude relative aux institutions
analogues aux trusts

Circulaire ciblée No 25 de la HCCH de 2025

Le Secrétaire Général

À l’attention des Membres de la HCCH,

J’ai le plaisir de convoquer le Groupe de travail chargé d’examiner et de
finaliser le rapport de l’étude relative aux institutions analogues aux
trusts pour une réunion qui se tiendra du mardi 6 au jeudi 8 mai 2025.

Cette réunion est convoquée conformément aux Conclusions et Décisions Nos
70 à 72 du CAGP de 2025, qui se lisent comme suit :

70.      Le CAGP a accueilli favorablement le rapport de l’étude sur
l’application et l’interprétation de l’article 2 de la Convention Trust et
sur les institutions analogues aux trusts. Le CAGP a remercié la Society
of Trust and Estate Practitioners (STEP) et les experts qui ont contribué
à ces travaux en étroite concertation avec le BP.

71.      Le CAGP a chargé le BP de constituer un Groupe de travail chargé
d’examiner et de compléter l’étude sur l’application et l’interprétation
de l’article 2 de la Convention Trust de 1985, ainsi que sur les
institutions analogues aux trusts, en tenant dûment compte des éventuelles
implications pour les Parties non contractantes, et sous réserve des
ressources disponibles. Le Groupe de travail devrait se réunir en ligne
afin d’élaborer un projet à soumettre aux Membres pour commentaires
mi-2025. Les Membres disposeraient d’un délai de deux mois pour envoyer
leurs commentaires, après quoi le projet serait revu et finalisé par le
Groupe de travail. Le projet final serait à nouveau distribué aux Membres
pour approbation. En l’absence d’objection dans un délai d’un mois, le
projet final serait alors considéré comme approuvé puis publié. Dans le
cas d’une ou de plusieurs objections, le BP en informerait immédiatement
les Membres et le document serait alors soumis au CAGP de 2026.

72.      Le BP présentera un rapport au CAGP de 2026, notamment sur la
nécessité et la possibilité de produire une base de données en ligne pour
accompagner la publication.

La réunion se tiendra en ligne via Microsoft Teams. Veuillez noter que la
date exacte de la réunion sera confirmée après la désignation des délégués
afin d’assurer une prise en compte équitable des fuseaux horaires. La
réunion se déroulera en anglais et aucun service d’interprétation ne sera
assuré.

Les Membres sont invités à désigner des délégués par courrier électronique
à l’adresse [email-masked] avant le vendredi 18 avril 2025, à 17 h
(heure d’été d’Europe centrale). Veuillez inclure les noms, fonctions et
adresses électroniques des délégués dans le courrier électronique. L’objet
suivant doit figurer en tête du courrier électronique : « Trust -
Désignation Groupe de travail - [nom du Membre de la HCCH] ».

En désignant leurs délégués, les Membres sont invités à prendre en
considération les éléments suivants : 
*   En raison du format en ligne de la réunion, le nombre maximum
d’experts par Membre n’est pas limité. Toutefois, une limite devra
peut-être être envisagée si le nombre d’experts désignés à participer en
ligne diffère sensiblement d’un Membre à l’autre, afin de garantir une
représentation appropriée des régions géographiques.
*   En vue d’assurer la continuité et l’efficacité des travaux, les
désignations doivent être faites en une seule fois, et ce pour toute la
durée des activités du Groupe de travail, cela comprend la réunion
susmentionnée ainsi que toutes les réunions futures. 
*   Seuls les Membres qui sont autorisés à participer aux Groupes de
travail conformément au cadre réglementaire de la HCCH peuvent désigner
des participants.
Le projet d’ordre du jour de la réunion du Groupe de travail sera
communiqué en temps utile.

La deuxième réunion du Groupe devrait avoir lieu du lundi 6 au mercredi 8
octobre 2025. Les membres désignés du Groupe recevront en temps utile une
confirmation et de plus amples informations sur la deuxième réunion.

Enfin, conformément à l’article II.B et II.J du Règlement intérieur de la
HCCH, le BP informe les Membres qu’il a l’intention d’inviter les
organisations internationales et non gouvernementales suivantes en tant
qu’observateurs à la réunion : Académie asiatique de droit international
(AAIL) ; Association américaine de droit international privé (ASADIP)
;Association internationale du barreau (IBA) ; Australasian Association of
Private International Law (AAPrIL) ; Conseil des Notariats de l’Union
européenne (CNUE) ; European Association of Private International Law
(EAPIL) ; Institut africain de droit international (AIIL) ; Institut de
droit européen (ELI) ; et Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners
(STEP).

Dans l’attente de cette première réunion à venir du Groupe de travail,
veuillez recevoir l’expression de mes sentiments les meilleurs.

Christophe Bernasconi

LA HAYE, le 18 mars 2025

Aux Organes nationaux et de liaison des Membres
Aux Missions diplomatiques des Membres 

  ________________________________  

 
 a 
 
Convocación del Grupo de Trabajo sobre el estudio relativo a las
instituciones análogas a los trusts

Circular Específica N.º 25 de la HCCH de 2025

El Secretario General

A la atención de los Miembros de la HCCH:

Me complace convocar al Grupo de Trabajo encargado de examinar y ultimar
el informe del estudio sobre las instituciones análogas a los trusts para
una reunión que tendrá lugar del martes 6 al jueves 8 de mayo de 2025.

Esta reunión se convoca de conformidad con las Conclusiones y Decisiones
(CyD) N.º 70 a 72 del CAGP de 2025.

70.      El CAGP acogió favorablemente el informe del estudio sobre la
aplicación e interpretación del artículo 2 del Convenio sobre Trusts de
1985 y sobre las instituciones análogas a los trusts. El CAGP agradeció a
la Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners (STEP) y a los expertos que
contribuyeron a este trabajo en estrecha colaboración con la OP.

71.      El CAGP encargó la creación de un Grupo de Trabajo para examinar
y completar el estudio sobre la aplicación e interpretación del artículo 2
del Convenio y sobre las instituciones análogas a los trusts, teniendo
debidamente en cuenta las posibles implicaciones para las Partes no
contratantes, y sujeto a la disponibilidad de recursos. El Grupo de
Trabajo se reuniría en línea con miras a elaborar un proyecto para que los
Miembros presenten comentarios a mediados de 2025. Los Miembros
dispondrían de un plazo de dos meses para presentar sus comentarios, tras
lo cual el proyecto sería revisado y finalizado por el Grupo de Trabajo.
El proyecto final se volvería a distribuir entre los Miembros para su
aprobación. De no haber objeciones en el plazo de un mes, el proyecto
final se consideraría aprobado y sería publicado. En caso de que se
presentaran una o más objeciones, la OP las notificaría inmediatamente a
los Miembros y el documento se presentaría al CAGP de 2026.

72.      La OP presentará un informe al CGAP de 2026, entre otras cosas
sobre la conveniencia y viabilidad de crear una base de datos en línea que
acompañe a la publicación.

La reunión se celebrará en línea por Microsoft Teams. El horario exacto de
la reunión se confirmará una vez que los delegados hayan sido designados,
para poder tener en cuenta los husos horarios de forma equitativa. Se
llevará a cabo en inglés y no habrá interpretación simultánea.

Se invita a los Miembros a designar a sus respectivos delegados por correo
electrónico a  [email-masked]. La fecha límite para ello es el
viernes 18 de abril de 2025, a las 17:00 (hora de verano de Europa
Central). Deben indicarse el nombre, el cargo y la dirección de correo
electrónico de cada delegado. El asunto del correo debe ser: “Trusts -
Designación al Grupo de Trabajo - [nombre del Miembro de la HCCH]”.

Se invita a los Miembros a tener en cuenta lo siguiente cuando designen a
sus delegados: 
*   Como la reunión se celebra en línea, no se limita el número de
expertos por Miembro. Sin embargo, tal vez haya que considerar imponer un
límite si el número de expertos designados es muy diferente de un Miembro
a otro, para velar por una representación equilibrada entre las distintas
regiones.
*   A fin de que haya continuidad y de que se trabaje de manera eficiente,
las designaciones se realizarán una sola vez para la totalidad de la
duración del Grupo de Trabajo, es decir, para la reunión antes mencionada
y las que se celebren en el futuro. 
*   Solo podrán designar participantes los Miembros que reúnan los
requisitos para participar en Grupos de Trabajo según el marco regulatorio
de la HCCH.
El proyecto de agenda de la reunión se distribuirá en tiempo oportuno.

La segunda reunión del Grupo de Trabajo está prevista, provisionalmente,
del lunes 6 al miércoles 8 de octubre de 2025. Los miembros designados
recibirán la confirmación de la segunda reunión y más información al
respecto en tiempo oportuno.

Por último, de conformidad con los artículos II.B y II.J del Reglamento
Interno de la HCCH, la OP informa a los Miembros que tiene la intención de
invitar, en calidad de observadores, a las siguientes organizaciones
internacionales y no gubernamentales: Academia Asiática de Derecho
Internacional (AAIL); Asociación Americana de Derecho Internacional
Privado (ASADIP); Asociación Europea de Derecho internacional privado
(EAPIL); Asociación Internacional de Abogados (IBA); Australasian
Association of Private International Law (AAPrIL); Consejo de los
Notariados de la Unión Europea (CNUE); Instituto Africano de Derecho
Internacional (AIIL); Instituto Europeo de Derecho (ELI); y Society of
Trust and Estate Practitioners (STEP).

Junto con mis colegas, espero con interés la primera reunión de este Grupo
de Trabajo.

Atentamente,

Christophe Bernasconi

LA HAYA, 18 de marzo de 2025

A los Órganos Nacionales y de Contacto de los Miembros
A las Misiones Diplomáticas de los Miembros