Subject: Re: University of Oxford Institute for Judges and Policymakers: Call for Applications
From: "Caitlyn McGeer" <[email-masked]>
To: "Justiitsministeerium"
Date: Mon, 16 Sep 2024 15:19:48 +0300

Tähelepanu! Tegemist on välisvõrgust saabunud kirjaga.
Tundmatu saatja korral palume linke ja faile mitte avada.

Dear Ministry of Justice and Digital Affairs,

Apologies — the previous version was sent without formatting!

I hope this finds you well. I am writing to see if you can circulate the 
below survey and call for applications to any colleagues who may be 
interested.

The University of Oxford (UK), the University of Florence (Italy), and the 
University of Helsinki (Finland) have developed an innovative new executive 
education institute, the 
<https://www.law.ox.ac.uk/infolead/infolead-executive-education-institute> 
Oxford Information and Media Leadership Programme for Judges and 
Policymakers (InfoLead). The Institute aims to shift the discourse within 
Europe about media and information literacy and explore the evidence around 
the risks of digital media for democracy. Topics to be explored in the 
Institute include understanding the complexity of online content moderation 
(including the role of companies, governments, and civil society groups), 
information threats, including externally driven mis and disinformation 
campaigns during elections, and the rapidly evolving role and regulation of 
generative AI.

As part of the launch of the new Institute, we are conducting a survey to 
determine gaps and priorities for executive education in this field for 
judges and policymakers. The survey can be found here: 
https://oxfordfacultyoflaw.eu.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_d53yLumMJEH85vw

We would be grateful if you could share this survey with contacts that you 
think could contribute to the development of the content of this course and 
that might be interested in attending. The first executive education 
institute will happen at the University of Oxford 3-7 December 2024. 
Applications are now open and submission details can be found here: 
https://www.law.ox.ac.uk/infolead/infolead-executive-education-institute-call-applications. 
We anticipate that this will be a highly selective programme and spaces are 
limited. Funding is available to support participation. Applications are due 
17 October 2024.

Yours Sincerely,

Caitlyn McGeer

Postdoctoral Fellow

InfoLead Project Team

University of Oxford

On Sep 16, 2024, at 2:02 PM, Caitlyn McGeer <[email-masked]> 
wrote:

Dear Ministry of Justice and Digital Affairs, I hope this finds you well. I 
am writing to see if you can circulate the below survey and call for 
applications to any colleagues who may be interested. The University of 
Oxford (UK), the University of Florence (Italy), and the University of 
Helsinki (Finland) have developed an innovative new executive education 
institute, the Oxford Information and Media Leadership Programme for Judges 
and Policymakers (InfoLead). The Institute aims to shift the discourse 
within Europe about media and information literacy and explore the evidence 
around the risks of digital media for democracy. Topics to be explored in 
the Institute include understanding the complexity of online content 
moderation (including the role of companies, governments, and civil society 
groups), information threats, including externally driven mis and 
disinformation campaigns during elections, and the rapidly evolving role and 
regulation of generative AI. As part of the launch of the new Institute, we 
are conducting a survey to determine gaps and priorities for executive 
education in this field for judges and policymakers. The survey can be found 
here: 
https://oxfordfacultyoflaw.eu.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_d53yLumMJEH85vw We 
would be grateful if you could share this survey with contacts that you 
think could contribute to the development of the content of this course and 
that might be interested in attending. The first executive education 
institute will happen at the University of Oxford 3-7 December 2024. 
Applications are now open and submission details can be found here: 
https://www.law.ox.ac.uk/infolead/infolead-executive-education-institute-call-applications. 
We anticipate that this will be a highly selective programme and spaces are 
limited. Funding is available to support participation. Applications are due 
17 October 2024. Yours Sincerely, Caitlyn McGeer Postdoctoral Fellow 
InfoLead Project Team University of Oxford