Subject: official translations of acquis communautaire
From: "Oleksandr Kushnir" <[email-masked]>
To: "Justiitsministeerium", "Age Inkinen"
Date: Thu, 18 Jul 2024 09:09:04 +0300

Tähelepanu! Tegemist on välisvõrgust saabunud kirjaga.
Tundmatu saatja korral palume linke ja faile mitte avada.

Dear colleagues,
In order to establish a state institution in Ukraine ("Translation
Bureau") to provide on a permanent basis with appropriate budget funding
official translations of acts of the European Union (acquis communautaire)
in Ukrainian and legislative acts in English, the Ukrainian Side requests
the following information on the organization of work by Estonia to ensure
the translation of acts:
- the public authority responsible for coordinating translations of EU
acquis acts;
- organizational and legal form and subordination;
- internal structure and main tasks of the state institution for
translations;
- number of employees;
- translation system: translation by in-house translators or purchase of
services;
- budget;
- translation volumes;
- the main challenges in the creation of a state institution.
We would also like to ask you to provide information on the Estonian
experience on the issues raised during the candidacy period (before
joining the EU).
The Embassy would be grateful to receive the requested information by July
19, 2024.
Thank you in advance.

Sincerely,

Oleksandr Kushnir
Counsellor of the Embassy of Ukraine
[email-masked]
[email-masked]