Subject: Executive Education Programme: Pharmaceuticals, Intellectual Property and Law
From: "Jean-Pierre Gauci \(BIICL\)" <[email-masked]>
To: "Justiitsministeerium"
Date: Fri, 14 Jun 2024 18:11:16 +0300

Tähelepanu! Tegemist on välisvõrgust saabunud kirjaga.
Tundmatu saatja korral palume linke ja faile mitte avada.	

Dear Ms. Heddi Lutterus,
Estonian Ministry of Justice
 
The British Institute of International and Comparative Law (BIICL) and the
Centre for Commercial law Studies (CCLS) at Queen Mary University of
London (QMUL) are delighted to bring to your attention our new executive
education programme on Pharmaceuticals and the Law. 
 
As you might be aware, BIICL is a world leading research organisation in
international, comparative and rule of law issues, providing
research-informed training with an applied perspective. The CCLS is a
global leader in research, teaching and professional training in
commercial law.
 
Building on our combined expertise, this executive education programme
offers diverse legal and interdisciplinary perspectives exploring the
nexus between global public health, intellectual property, regulation,
liability and human rights issues. 
 
The programme will be of particular interest to legal practitioners;
patents officials; intellectual property consultants; civil servants;
those working for international organisations and for NGOs and anyone else
with a keen interest in the link between public health, intellectual
property and regulation. 
 
For more information about the course and BIICL’s broader course offering,
please visit
www.biicl.org/events/11880/executive-education-pharmaceuticals-and-the-law
-hybrid 
 
We would be most grateful if you could share the below mailing with your
colleagues who might be interested in the course. We offer discounts for
group bookings.
 
Should you no longer wish to be contacted about these matters, please let
us know via return email.  
 
Thank you and kind regards, 
 
Jean-Pierre 
 
Jean-Pierre Gauci
Director of Teaching and Training
 
British Institute of International and Comparative Law
Charles Clore House, 17 Russell Square, London WC1B 5JP
T &#43;44 (0)20 7862 5151
M &#43;447857929166
E  [email-masked] | [email-masked] 
 
http://www.biicl.org
 
 <http://www.biicl.org/>  

 
 
View this email in your browser	

	

 
<https://biicl.us4.list-manage.com/track/click?u=4462914becfdf84ddf496b50e
&id=4149a94f6f&e=1e2548fca2>  	

	
	
	Date: 16 - 18 September 2024
Time: 09:30 - 17:30 (UK time)
Venue: BIICL, Russell Square, London &amp; Online

Course outline

Recent events including the COVID pandemic have brought pharmaceuticals,
and the intellectual property and liability considerations around them to
the forefront of legal and policy, as well as public debate. Although the
business and innovation practices of the pharmaceutical industry are
largely based on patents, other intellectual property rights including
trademarks and trade secrets are highly relevant too. The industry
benefits from research and innovation taking place elsewhere and
government policy supporting life sciences and biomedicine needs also to
be taken into consideration. At the same time, product liability issues
for both pharmaceuticals and related developments cannot be side-lined
whilst the human rights considerations of involved companies requires
further and better understanding by legal professionals, policy makers and
the public at large. Recent incidents including the cases brought against
Purdue Pharma in the United States over marketing practices start to
highlight some of the above issues but many other considerations received
far less attention but are nonetheless critical.

Building on the combined expertise of two leading institutions in this
area - The British Institute of International and Comparative Law (BIICL)
and the Centre for Commercial law Studies (CCLS) at Queen Mary University
of London (QMUL) - this is a wide-ranging course offering diverse legal
and interdisciplinary perspectives exploring the nexus between global
public health, intellectual property, regulation, liability and human
rights issues.

Course topics
Pharma - Regulation, Liability and Broader Responsibilities
*   Global Health Law - Implications for Pharmaceutical Companies
*   Pharma, Intellectual Property and International Trade Law
*   Access to medicines: from hiv/aids to covid-19
*   Product Liability and pharma
*   Comparative approaches to pharmaceutical regulation
*   Business and human rights and the Pharma Industry
Pharma and Intellectual Property
*   Overview of the pharmaceutical industry and national systems of
innovation
*   Pharmaceutical intellectual property and product regulation
*   The pharmaceutical industry and the life sciences revolution from
1980: Major science and technology development affecting the
pharmaceutical business and Implications for intellectual property
*   Personalised and precision medicine; digital medicine
*   What does the pharmaceutical industry patent?
*   Alternative pharmaceutical innovation models
Course tutors
*   Professor Uma Suthersanen, Queen Mary University of London
*   Professor Graham Dutfield, University of Leeds
*   Professor Duncan Fairgrieve, BIICL
*   Dr. Irene Pietropaoli, BIICL
Who is the course for?

The course would be beneficial for legal practitioners including those in
private practice or working as in house counsel for pharmaceutical or
other healthcare services; executives of such companies including
compliance officers; civil servants including those working for national
health services or in setting health policy; those working for
international organizations and for NGOs and anyone else with a keen
interest in the link between public health, intellectual property and
regulation.

Course format

This is a hybrid course, being offered in person at the BIICL office in
Russell Square, London and virtually.

Pricing and registration

The course cost is £1200 per person.

A limited number of scholarships are available to provide financial
assistance for people who cannot otherwise participate, and for people
from communities that are currently under-represented in the legal
community. Discounts for group bookings, individual members of BIICL, and
students and alumni of the CCLS are available.	

	
 
Find out more and book a place 	

	

	
 
<https://biicl.us4.list-manage.com/track/click?u=4462914becfdf84ddf496b50e
&id=1039750499&e=1e2548fca2>  	
	
<https://biicl.us4.list-manage.com/track/click?u=4462914becfdf84ddf496b50e
&id=70ceaf53ad&e=1e2548fca2>  	
	
<https://biicl.us4.list-manage.com/track/click?u=4462914becfdf84ddf496b50e
&id=12013fef6f&e=1e2548fca2>  	
	
<https://biicl.us4.list-manage.com/track/click?u=4462914becfdf84ddf496b50e
&id=5226072a27&e=1e2548fca2>  	
	
<https://biicl.us4.list-manage.com/track/click?u=4462914becfdf84ddf496b50e
&id=68d9c2945b&e=1e2548fca2>  	

	

 
Copyright © 2024 British Institute of International and Comparative Law,
All rights reserved.