Subject: WIPO Invitation: Closing the Gender Gap in IP – Women and the Sustainable Development Goals (April 23, 2024)
From: "E-documents" <[email-masked]>
To: "E-documents" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2024 10:48:39 +0300

Tähelepanu! Tegemist on välisvõrgust saabunud kirjaga.
Tundmatu saatja korral palume linke ja faile mitte avada.

WIPO Invitation: Closing the Gender Gap in IP – Women and the Sustainable 
Development Goals (April 23, 2024)

Following a decision by the WIPO Committee on Development and Intellectual 
Property (CDIP) and in the context of the World IP Day 2024 celebration, the 
World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO) is organizing a series of 
sharing sessions on “ 
<https://www.wipo.int/meetings/en/details.jsp?meeting_id=82069> Women and 
Intellectual Property (IP)”.

The sixth session, “ 
<https://wipo-int.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_fn7cEkD_R_i0mUm96cYcuQ#/registration> 
Closing the Gender Gap in IP – Women and the Sustainable Development Goals 
(SDGs)”, will take place virtually, on April 23, 2024, from 13.00 to 15.00, 
C.E.S.T.  Mr. Edward Kwakwa, Assistant Director General of WIPO’s Global 
Challenges and Partnerships Sector will open the session.  Women 
entrepreneurs from Chile, Lebanon, Ethiopia, Papua New Guinea and Georgia, 
who have participated in WIPO‑led projects to support women and IP, will 
share their experiences and knowledge gained through these initiatives, 
including the role IP has played in their entrepreneurial journeys.  Each 
speaker will also discuss how their work contributes to the attainment of 
the SDGs, demonstrating how achieving gender equality and women’s 
empowerment is integral to all of the 17 Goals.

Presentations will be followed by a panel discussion and a Q&A session 
moderated by H.E. Ms. Maira Mariela Macdonal Alvarez, Ambassador and 
Permanent Representative of the Plurinational State of Bolivia to the United 
Nations Office and other international organizations in Geneva.  The 
<https://www.wipo.int/edocs/mdocs/mdocs/en/wipo_ip_inn_ge_24/wipo_ip_inn_ge_24_1.pdf> 
program of the event is available 
<https://www.wipo.int/meetings/en/details.jsp?meeting_id=82069> here.

 <https://wipo-int.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_fn7cEkD_R_i0mUm96cYcuQ#/registration> 
Registration for the event is open until April 23, 2024, 10:00 a.m. C.E.S.T. 
The 
<https://wipo-int.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_fn7cEkD_R_i0mUm96cYcuQ#/registration> 
event will also be available via  <https://webcast.wipo.int/home> webcast.

Interpretation will be provided in English, French and Spanish.

You can find more information on the previous five sharing sessions 
<https://www.wipo.int/women-and-ip/en/news/2023/news_0002.html> here.

We look forward to your participation and would appreciate if you could 
share this information with colleagues that might be interested in 
participating in this event.

Cordially,

The WIPO Development Agenda Coordination Team

**************************************

Invitation de l’OMPI : Réduire les disparités hommes‑femmes dans le domaine 
de la propriété intellectuelle – Les femmes et les objectifs de 
développement durable (23 avril 2024)

À la suite d’une décision du Comité du développement et de la propriété 
intellectuelle (CDIP) de l’OMPI et dans le cadre de la célébration de la 
Journée mondiale de la propriété intellectuelle 2024, l’Organisation 
Mondiale de la Propriété Intellectuelle (OMPI) organise une série de séances 
d’échange d’informations sur le thème “ 
<https://www.wipo.int/meetings/fr/details.jsp?meeting_id=82069> Les femmes 
et la propriété intellectuelle”.

La sixième séance, intitulée “ 
<https://wipo-int.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_fn7cEkD_R_i0mUm96cYcuQ#/registration> 
Réduire les disparités hommes‑femmes dans le domaine de la propriété 
intellectuelle – Les femmes et les objectifs de développement durable”, se 
déroulera sous forme virtuelle le 23 avril 2024, de 13 heures à 15 heures 
(heure d’Europe centrale).  M. Edward Kwakwa, sous‑directeur général, 
Secteur des enjeux et des partenariats mondiaux, Organisation Mondiale de la 
Propriété Intellectuelle (OMPI), ouvrira la séance.  La séance sera animée 
par un groupe d’entrepreneuses originaires du Chili, d’Éthiopie, de Géorgie, 
du Liban et de Papouasie‑Nouvelle‑Guinée qui ont participé à des projets 
menés par l’OMPI en faveur des femmes et de la propriété intellectuelle. 
Elles partageront leur expérience et les connaissances acquises dans le 
cadre de ces initiatives, et préciseront notamment le rôle joué par la 
propriété intellectuelle dans leur parcours d’entrepreneuses.  Chaque 
intervenante expliquera également comment son travail contribue à la 
réalisation des ODD, démontrant ainsi que l’égalité des sexes et l’autonomisation 
des femmes font partie intégrante de chacun des 17 objectifs.  Les exposés 
seront suivis par une discussion de groupe et une séance de 
questions‑réponses animées par S. E. Mme Maira Mariela Macdonal Alvarez, 
ambassadrice et Représentante permanente de l’État plurinational de Bolivie 
auprès de l’Office des Nations Unies et des autres organisations 
internationales à Genève. 
<https://www.wipo.int/edocs/mdocs/mdocs/fr/wipo_ip_inn_ge_24/wipo_ip_inn_ge_24_1.pdf> 
Le programme de la séance d’échange d’informations peut être consulté 
<https://www.wipo.int/meetings/fr/details.jsp?meeting_id=82069>  ici.

 <https://wipo-int.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_fn7cEkD_R_i0mUm96cYcuQ#/registration> 
L’inscription à la séance est ouverte jusqu’au 23 avril 2024 à 10 heures 
(heure d’Europe centrale).  L’événement sera également 
<https://webcast.wipo.int/home> diffusé sur le Web.

L’interprétation sera assurée en français, anglais et espagnol.

Pour plus d’informations sur les cinq séances précédentes d’échange d’informations, 
veuillez cliquer 
<https://www.wipo.int/women-and-ip/fr/news/2023/news_0002.html> ici.

Nous nous réjouissons de votre participation et vous saurions gré de bien 
vouloir communiquer ces informations à vos collègues qui pourraient 
souhaiter participer à cette séance d’échange d’informations.

Cordialement,

L’équipe chargée de la coordination du Plan d’action pour le développement 
de l’OMPI

**************************************

Invitación de la OMPI: Cerrar la brecha de género en la PI - Las mujeres y 
los Objetivos de Desarrollo Sostenible (23 de abril de 2024)

A raíz de una decisión del Comité de Desarrollo y Propiedad Intelectual 
(CDIP) de la OMPI y en el contexto de la celebración del Día Mundial de la 
PI 2024, la Organización Mundial de la Propiedad Intelectual (OMPI) organiza 
diversas sesiones de intercambio de información sobre “ 
<https://www.wipo.int/meetings/es/details.jsp?meeting_id=82069> Las mujeres 
y la propiedad intelectual (PI)”.

La sexta sesión, “ 
<https://wipo-int.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_fn7cEkD_R_i0mUm96cYcuQ#/registration> 
Cerrar la brecha de género en la PI - Las mujeres y los Objetivos de 
Desarrollo Sostenible”, tendrá lugar virtualmente, el 23 de abril de 2024, 
de 13.00 a 15.00 horas CEST. El Sr. Edward Kwakwa, subdirector general del 
Sector de Alianzas y Desafíos Mundiales de la Organización Mundial de la 
Propiedad Intelectual (OMPI), inaugurará la sesión. La sesión contará con un 
panel de mujeres empresarias de Chile, Líbano, Etiopía, Papúa Nueva Guinea y 
Georgia que han participado en proyectos dirigidos por la OMPI para apoyar a 
las mujeres y la PI. Las panelistas compartirán su experiencia y los 
conocimientos adquiridos a través de esas iniciativas, incluido el papel que 
la PI ha desempeñado en su trayectoria empresarial. Cada ponente hablará 
también de cómo su trabajo contribuye a la consecución de los ODS, y 
mostrará cómo el logro de la igualdad de género y el empoderamiento de las 
mujeres es parte integral de los 17 Objetivos. Las presentaciones irán 
seguidas de una mesa redonda y de un turno de preguntas moderado por S.E. 
Sra. Maira Mariela Macdonal Álvarez, embajadora y representante permanente 
del Estado Plurinacional de Bolivia ante la Oficina de las Naciones Unidas y 
otras organizaciones internacionales en Ginebra. 
<https://www.wipo.int/edocs/mdocs/mdocs/es/wipo_ip_inn_ge_24/wipo_ip_inn_ge_24_1.pdf> 
El programa del evento está disponible 
<https://www.wipo.int/meetings/es/details.jsp?meeting_id=82069> aquí.

 <https://wipo-int.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_fn7cEkD_R_i0mUm96cYcuQ#/registration> 
La inscripción está abierta hasta el 23 de abril de 2024, a las 10.00 horas 
CEST. El acto también podrá  <https://webcast.wipo.int/home> seguirse por 
Internet.

Habrá interpretación en inglés, francés y español.

Puede encontrar más información sobre las cinco sesiones de intercambio de 
información anteriores 
<https://www.wipo.int/women-and-ip/es/news/2023/news_0002.html> aquí.

Esperamos contar con su participación y le agradeceremos que comparta esta 
información con los colegas que puedan estar interesados.

Cordialmente,

El Equipo de Coordinación de la Agenda de la OMPI para el Desarrollo

Classification: WIPO FOR OFFICIAL USE ONLY

World Intellectual Property Organization Disclaimer: This electronic message 
may contain privileged, confidential and copyright protected information. If 
you have received this e-mail by mistake, please immediately notify the 
sender and delete this e-mail and all its attachments. Please ensure all 
e-mail attachments are scanned for viruses prior to opening or using.

 	  <https://www.wipo.int/en/web/ipday/2024-sdgs/index/?utm_source=wipomail&utm_medium=signature&utm_campaign=ipday2024>
#WorldIPDay

IP and the SDGs
Building our common future
with innovation and creativity

World Intellectual Property Day 2024
April 26

 <https://www.wipo.int/en/web/ipday/2024-sdgs/index/?utm_source=wipomail&utm_medium=signature&utm_campaign=ipday2024> 
wipo.int/ipday